Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

sleepless in Apple Valley

Last post 02-10-2006, 2:10 AM by Chmmr. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-27-2006, 5:19 AM 10720

    sleepless in Apple Valley

    Does anyone else have sleep issues? I don't sleep very well. I have 3 children and could use some sleep, but here I am awake at 4 a.m. I sleep very well every other night. The stinky part is about 7 p.m. tonight I will be very tired and cranky and the kids will be wide awake and not go to bed until 9. I guess it will be movie night.

    Does anyone have a good adult sleep solution?
    Beth
  •  01-27-2006, 7:51 AM 10724 in reply to 10720

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    I bet it's all that Diet Coke we drink!!!Sleep [|-)]

    I'm up at 5 every morning with a wide-eyed 5 month old. And I'm usually glad he woke up so I'm not awake by myself. It stinks - because up until having a baby I could sleep 10 hours a night! In fact all during the pg I took a 2 hour nap on top of it. How you do it with 3 is beyond me! You must be superwoman! My mom tells me she still doesn't sleep well having to worry about 2 kids AND 2 grandkids now! So, it gets worse? And who does that sleep when they sleep thing anyway? There is way too much to do!

     

     


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  01-31-2006, 9:35 AM 11114 in reply to 10720

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    I have had sleep problems on and off for my whole adult life.  The hardest thing for me to do, but what makes the biggest difference, is going to bed and getting up at the same time every night.  It seems to get my body into a rhythm that induces sleep.  With Tristan being 2 months old, obviously that isn't an option now, though!  I do have to admit that I haven't ever been able to keep the same sleep/wake schedule for very long even when I don't have a young infant, it's so hard for me to go to bed at a decent hour, and I love to sleep in. 

    It sounds like you have a problem with staying asleep more than getting to sleep, is that right?  One of the things that helps me stay asleep is making sure my bedroom isn't too warm.  I like to keep it at about 68 degrees at night, I sleep better in the cool air.  I also try counting backward from 100 when I can't fall asleep, and I can usually fall asleep well before I get to 1.  Taking a hot bath before bed can sometimes help, too.  I normally try not to take naps during the day, too, cause that is pretty much a guarantee that I won't sleep well (right now I take a nap every chance I get, but hopefully Tristan will sleep longer soon Smile [:)]) 
    I hope some of this will help you, it's so hard to deal with little ones on no sleep!

    Tessa

    Mom to Mitchell 1-1-93,
    Bailee 12-20-94
    Tristan 11-27-05
  •  01-31-2006, 11:11 AM 11127 in reply to 11114

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    I am a huge night owl and every now and then go through insomnia phases. I am going through one right now, it has lasted a few weeks. I don't get to sleep until 3am but get up at my normal time. I might be tired, but once nighttime rolls around again I am wide awake. I get like this when I'm excited or anxious about things going on.

    I found that when I sleep in our guest bed all alone which is super comfortable I fall asleep pretty much immediately, so I use that as a last resort sometimes.


    Angela
    Mama to Satori (11/04)
  •  01-31-2006, 1:04 PM 11141 in reply to 11127

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    So what do you do when you can't sleep? I try to lay there hoping I will fall back to sleep, and it doesn't happen. So I get up. I feel like I should do stuff, but then just sitting on the couch and watching TV sound nice. I can tell Anders is the same type of sleeper as I am. We wake up every night and comes to talk to me. He just really requires less sleep than most children. Hannah on the other hand sleeps like her dad. She would seriously sleep through a fire.
    Beth
  •  02-01-2006, 12:34 AM 11185 in reply to 11141

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    I go through periods of insomnia. I either can't fall asleep, or when I wake up to nurse, can't go back asleep.

    Lately I have not been able to sleep through the night without getting up to eat multiple times. I eat right before bed, but still wake up starving in the middle of the night.

    By the time I go downstairs and get somthing to eat, I end up to awake.

    I even cut my caffine to try and sleep, but no go. When I am stressed too I can't sleep I just lay and think about things.
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  02-01-2006, 3:49 AM 11189 in reply to 11185

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    Here I am... almost 4am...

    Part of it is stress, part is insomnia, part is trying to get work done! I guess they all go together though...


    Angela
    Mama to Satori (11/04)
  •  02-01-2006, 4:59 AM 11190 in reply to 11189

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    Ha! I'm up now too since 4 but if Logan would go back to bed I would be asleep! Two nights ago I couldn't sleep and I tried that Lunesta which the doc gave to me during my quick ppd thing and it worked GREAT! Except I still felt a little groggy in the morning. But slept really deeply. Won't do me any good with a wide-awake baby though!

     


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  02-03-2006, 7:23 AM 11342 in reply to 11190

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    I am on a week of no sleep now. I did not have any coffee yesterday. I Still can't sleep. Now the worst part is I layed in bed for 2 hours and fell asleep, but when I did, I had bad dreams. This is driving me crazy.
    Beth
  •  02-03-2006, 4:29 PM 11384 in reply to 11342

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    Oh that is just the worst. You starting thinking all kinds of crazy stuff on no sleep. Can you take that uni-som? They prescribe that (it's over the counter) alot during pg for nausea and trouble sleeping. It's an anti-histamine. It works really well making me just drowsy enough to fall asleep. Or nighttime tea? I wish I could help! I went 9 days without sleep during post-partum and I was seeing things and imagining things you wouldn't believe! It was HORRIBLE! I hope it isn't that bad! I wouldn't wish no sleep for a week on my worst enemy.Sad [:(]


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  02-03-2006, 7:56 PM 11391 in reply to 11384

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    Oh Ann, I feel for you! I am not seeing thing, just having horrible thoughts. My dh has been gone for 3 weeks. He is doing Hurrican stuff down south. He told me some sad stories last night so I think that has a lot to do with it. He is also working with Alligators and snakes, so I am really worried about him. Yesterday he stepped on metal pieces that went right through his steel toed boots. He gets back next Wednesday, I am sure I will sleep next week.
    Beth
  •  02-04-2006, 7:42 AM 11407 in reply to 11391

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    Ok, that's good. You probably will sleep better. I don't sleep well when Ty is gone either. I don't think I'll ever know if the lack of sleep caused ppd or ppd caused the lack of sleep. Just glad I got that mess figured out quick! (Next baby I'm gonna be all over any sign because 9 days is WAY too long without sleep!)
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  02-09-2006, 2:14 AM 11710 in reply to 11407

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    Beth I am with you.  It is after midnight and I am sitting here posting at ATB because I am stresed from the events of today (issues at TBW, kids sick etc) and I know i will be exhausted tomorrow.  AT 14 months old, ds still has never slept throught the night and Zack is well, shall we say, a very energetic almost four year old LOL.    I have to get up and go to the preschool early to sign people up for the new school year and should be asleep already.

    Hmmmm....do you think dh's snoring is making it worse??Zip it! [:#]


    SAHM to Max and Zachary

    Weight Loss: 10 /21 pounds (first 10 %)
    Total of goal: 10/100-only 90 to go :D
  •  02-09-2006, 7:36 AM 11732 in reply to 11710

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    Julie it sounds like you are living my life. My dh came home and I really felt at ease. I was able to get to sleep last night right away. My dh started snoring about 11:30, Haakon needed to nurse about 2:00, and My dh alarm went off at 5 a.m. for about 1/2 hour. Haakon thought he needed to get up at that point. Its funny I need my dh to sleep, but I also need him to be quiet.
    Beth
  •  02-10-2006, 1:34 AM 11823 in reply to 11732

    Re: sleepless in Apple Valley

    I am going through a sleeping strike. My body just wont shut down. I lay awake and worry and stress.

    Then come morning I want to stay in bed, I feel like I am starting to mess up my nights and days.

    I think it has a lot to do with my dh having a cold too, cause then he snores. I notice I sleep much better when he leaves for work.
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML