|
|
Lunch ideas?
Last post 02-09-2006, 7:44 AM by Mamasaphire. 15 replies.
-
01-29-2006, 10:23 AM |
-
01-29-2006, 12:42 PM |
-
01-29-2006, 2:22 PM |
-
01-29-2006, 4:19 PM |
-
hapahaolegirl
-
-
-
Joined on 06-30-2005
-
-
Posts 61
-
Points 1,053
-
|
I make a veggie stirfry most days for lunch. I throw frozen veggies (stirfry type veggies) and firm tofu diced up into a pan, add some soy sauce, and then cook until tender. It's quick, easy, healthy, and DD and I love it!
We sometimes eat applegate farm's turkey deli meat, cheese, and crackers for lunch too.
We also snack on apples, oranges, and other fruits throughout the day.
HTH
Kristen
|
|
-
01-30-2006, 12:56 PM |
-
01-30-2006, 3:14 PM |
-
Mamasaphire
-
-
-
Joined on 06-08-2005
-
Ohio
-
Posts 42
-
Points 584
-
|
Thanks for all the ideas! I guess I should have said that we do eat lots of leftovers for lunches, I am just getting tired of it ![Sleep [|-)]](../../../../emoticons/emotion-20.gif) Today dh came home for lunch, and we had leftover spaghetti. I am not a big salad-for-a meal person, but I should do that more often!!!
--Hannah Mama to 5 blessings Abigail '96, Susanna '98, Keturah '00, Benjamin '02, and Deborah '05
|
|
-
01-31-2006, 8:45 AM |
-
01-31-2006, 8:59 AM |
-
Mamasaphire
-
-
-
Joined on 06-08-2005
-
Ohio
-
Posts 42
-
Points 584
-
|
Turkey hot dogs sound yummy! What brand do you usually buy? I used to be part of a co-op where a truck would come and we'd pick up our order from someone's house. Back then I'd order 2 cases of organic hotdogs every two months. Then the co-op closed ![Sad [:(]](../../../../emoticons/emotion-6.gif) I wonder if there any healthy mainstream brands?
--Hannah Mama to 5 blessings Abigail '96, Susanna '98, Keturah '00, Benjamin '02, and Deborah '05
|
|
-
02-01-2006, 1:35 PM |
-
02-01-2006, 8:34 PM |
-
juicifroot
-
-
-
Joined on 05-13-2005
-
Houston, TX
-
Posts 278
-
Points 3,003
-
|
I think the ones we have now are Ball Park, actually. I know Oscar Meyer makes them too. They are pretty yummy. ![Smile [:)]](../../../../emoticons/emotion-1.gif) Also wanted to share... I had the BEST frozen dinner ever the other day. I got them at Target (Super Target) and they are Amy's brand. They are in with the organic foods, which is not something I usually buy, but thought I'd give them a shot. I tried the vegan enchiladas (black bean with other good veggies) and the cheese enchilada with rice and beans. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!! I mean, GOOD! The sauce is amazing...red chilie, I think. I think they were around $3 each. They are necessarily GREAT for you, but I figure if they are organic/vegan, they can't be all that bad!
JANICA Parker 10.19.04
|
|
-
02-02-2006, 7:21 AM |
-
02-02-2006, 9:30 PM |
-
amcrobertson
-
-
-
Joined on 01-22-2006
-
-
Posts 5
-
Points 59
-
|
I am all about NOT cooking during the day! My kids love PB/Honey sandwiches cut into quarters. You get protein, carbs, sweet tooth all in one!
Another totally yummy snack that's really easy: slice orange, apple and banana and mix up together. Let is sit a few minutes. The juice of the orange mixes in and makes it a really tastey fruit salad in just a few minutes. I also add cucumbers sometimes just cuz my kids will eat them.
On a cold day, Miso with rice noodles are really fast to make. Miso just needs boiling water to disolve in and it's really healthy. Rice noodles just need a few minutes in hot water to dissolve. My son LOVES seaweed in his miso, so he runs to the table when I make it. It's still yummy w/o if you're not a seaweed fan.
|
|
-
02-03-2006, 5:18 AM |
-
02-03-2006, 7:01 AM |
-
02-09-2006, 1:51 AM |
-
Chmmr
-
-
-
Joined on 07-01-2005
-
Canada
-
Posts 184
-
Points 2,008
-
|
Hannah, for lunches I usually have:
whole wheat buns with meat (deli meat)
frozen meals that were on sale (ie lean cuisine)
salad with cheese and croutons to fill me up (or even some deli turkey or ham for protein)
Sometimes just fat free yogurt and fruit or something and a power bar.
I have a weight watchers cook book. i will dig in there for some easy lunch ideas for you
SAHM to Max and Zachary Weight Loss: 10 /21 pounds (first 10 %) Total of goal: 10/100-only 90 to go :D
|
|
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)
1
|
|