Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

Last post 01-30-2006, 5:33 PM by cali421. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (20 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-17-2006, 10:19 PM 9625

    Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    I just got two big shipments of Rockin Baby slings in recently. I plan to have a nice big sale on them to kick them off. Yes, I know I've had them forever, but these slings are just so cool but no one talks about them. This would get me some definite feedback on them!

    So... I have to add the Detailed pictures of all the new Rockin' Baby slings, and swatches for them and then I will have them on sale for ATB members (and eventually TBW members). What's more, if you take a picture with your Rockin' Baby sling, you'll get another reward!

    I hope to get the sale up and running by Thursday. I have many slings that are no longer available, as they went within a few days on the Rockin' Baby site, so they are not found anywhere else that I know of. If you're interested in a particular Rockin' Baby before I get the sale up and running, simply PM me so I can reserve it for you.

    The sale will be 10% off but I might add an extra coupon for ATB members.


    Angela
    Mama to Satori (11/04)
  •  01-18-2006, 5:46 PM 9752 in reply to 9625

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    I am really excited about this, as the Rockin' baby is on our list! :)

    Can't wait for the sale!
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  01-19-2006, 8:49 AM 9816 in reply to 9625

    • gool0005 is not online. Last active: 02-10-2006, 9:08 AM gool0005
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 08-20-2005
    • Goose Creek, South Carolina
    • Posts 86
    • Points 1,277

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    Angela,

    I have a few questons for you about the Rockin' Baby Slings.

    • I noticed in some of the pictures, it looks like both nylon and aluminum rings are used. Is this a matter of older versus newer styles or is it strickly dependant on what which pattern I buy?
    • How wide and long are these slings?
    • What is the shoulder style?
    • Thanks,

      Kelly

  •  01-21-2006, 9:37 PM 10077 in reply to 9816

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    Okie dokie...I'm ready for this sale...I think.

     

  •  01-23-2006, 1:29 AM 10216 in reply to 9816

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    Okay, the Rockin' Baby Slings are now all automatically $10 off in the shop and for you wonderful ATB members, use the code ROCKINSALE to get an extra 5% off the Rockin Baby slings.

    gool0005 wrote:

    • I noticed in some of the pictures, it looks like both nylon and aluminum rings are used. Is this a matter of older versus newer styles or is it strickly dependant on what which pattern I buy?
    • How wide and long are these slings?
    • What is the shoulder style?

    1. Rockin' Baby slings are what I consider to be a carrier that is inspired by highly creative and artistic people (much like the Oopa slings). For this reason, they will use three main types of rings to complete the look they are trying to achieve. My favorite of course is the aluminum and they match the color of to the sling really nicely. They also use nylon/plastic rings if it will complement the look, and finally they use alot of steel rings, I find them heavy but hey, a Black Studded Rockin' Baby wouldn't look right without a steel ring, lol. They also use brass rings.
    2. I just measured a few that I have and they measure about 80 inches long (including rings) and 25 inches wide. But they are all so different, I wouldn't doubt it some earlier ones might have different measurements.
    3. The shoulder style... One side of the shoulder is folded and accordian-sewn shut, the other side is loose. I think for some people this might make it comfortable on one shoulder, like the Maya sling is able to be cupped over the shoulder. But since most are reversible you should have one comfortable shoulder anyway. I find I can fan it out either way, but there is definitely a "right way". Here's how they describe it: "Non-padded with fabric that fans across the shoulder".

    I'm having this sale to get feedback on all of the above actually. Rockin' Baby slings seem to actually be quite popular and sell well but not many folks talk about them at TBW. Previous reviews talked about the long tail and large rings but they must have shorted it a bit and switched to smaller rings.



    Angela
    Mama to Satori (11/04)
  •  01-23-2006, 8:20 AM 10229 in reply to 10216

    • gool0005 is not online. Last active: 02-10-2006, 9:08 AM gool0005
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 08-20-2005
    • Goose Creek, South Carolina
    • Posts 86
    • Points 1,277

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    Thanks Angela! I have found that with ring slings, I have a definite preference about dimensions. I like them wide and long Smile [:)]

    Kelly

  •  01-23-2006, 9:37 AM 10238 in reply to 10229

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    Angela or Beth(or anyone else who would know), I don't have a ring sling yet...would this be a good one to start with? I had gotton an Ellaroo but I sold it because I had such a hard time pulling the fabric thru the rings when it was on...

     


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  01-23-2006, 3:46 PM 10272 in reply to 10238

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    I ordered mine!!!!!Big Smile [:D]
    The Coral Floral w/ Burgundy Trim!

    Anyone else???Wink [;)]


    Lois

    Ben and Keegan's Mommy
  •  01-23-2006, 9:56 PM 10299 in reply to 10238

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    I think that since it would be your first RS I would say go for it---- then you have nothing to compare it too, KWIM? You can get it to work for you and have a virgin sense of RS, KWIM? You wouldn't really know any better, KWIM?

    BUT on the other hand and IMO, a good RS to start with is a sleeping baby productions or sling me mommy-- they are both really good starter slings. OR you can get a zolo (which ATB sells) and get the video and learn from the master - then have a really good idea on how a ring sling is worn, KWIM? O you can just buy the T2T dvd and watch Darien at work (man she rocks), or go to the website and watch the videos for FREE! 

    I personally love the Rockin Babies-- they work for me. Lots of people do not have the same experience (that can be said about any carrier though)  Really you may have to try a couple to see which one works for you -- because maybe none of those RS will work and you are more of a MT gal or wrappin' chick, KWIM?

    In any case-- these slings have a great SALE price so you can always get one and see and if you decide it does not work for you--- you can FSOT it OR Angela has a excellent return policy!

    HTH

  •  01-23-2006, 10:35 PM 10304 in reply to 10299

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    I was thinking the chocolate with turquoise...but yours sounds pretty Lois...

     

    Off to check them out ....again.... 

     

    I'm really curious about these ring slings.  Soooo, Angela or Katrina what shoulder would you say that it would be designed for?  Is it that there is no "right" shoulder since you would just flip it around and its the right way?

  •  01-24-2006, 1:28 AM 10323 in reply to 10304

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    Tell me about the pockets - looks like there is no closing mechanism????

    Mamma to the two most beautiful carriable Norwegain boys in the world!
  •  01-24-2006, 3:29 PM 10418 in reply to 10323

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    I get that the code ROCKINSALE does not apply to the sling I ordered - the red and asian one...

    Mamma to the two most beautiful carriable Norwegain boys in the world!
  •  01-25-2006, 10:15 AM 10511 in reply to 9816

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    gool0005 wrote:
    • I noticed in some of the pictures, it looks like both nylon and aluminum rings are used. Is this a matter of older versus newer styles or is it strickly dependant on what which pattern I buy?


    One of my girlfriends just sent me one to redo the rings. It had the heavier steel ones. I swapped them out pretty easily for aluminum ones. So if its a problem based on the rings I bet you could find someone to swap them out for you. You have a neighbor that sews right? lol.

    Kristine
    Mommy of Joscelyne, Andrew and Mackenzie
    Owner of www.BabySpaceSlings.com
  •  01-25-2006, 10:57 AM 10524 in reply to 10511

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    Rachel,

    I can't replicate the message your getting. Are you clicking the Apply button with your mouse? Just hitting enter doesn't seem to take. If you get a message, what is the exact message? Otherwise, you can just order and I can credit you the payment for the sale.

    The pockets have a velcro closure - just a few inches in the middle.

    Thanks!

    Angela


    Angela
    Mama to Satori (11/04)
  •  01-25-2006, 1:18 PM 10546 in reply to 10511

    Re: Coming soon... A Rockin' sale!

    I think it just depends on the sling and pattern you choose, I would look very closely at the picture when ordering, just to see which rings they have on it, KWIM? The pictures are pretty accurate-- I have the orange flowery and it has plastic rings (as it shows in the picture) and I just got the brown paisley today and it has wonderfully lightweight bronze rings (I think the picture at the ATB site shows it with metal rings) BTW,  this sling ROCKS! It is the brown sling I have been craving!!! I am so totally in love with it! SO fun and funky!
Page 1 of 2 (20 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML