Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

sateen vs. fleece

Last post 01-30-2006, 3:32 PM by Mamasaphire. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-31-2005, 12:02 AM 7958

    sateen vs. fleece

    I am the new mom of Emerson- a 10+ lb, 7 week old baby boy. I can't decide which hotsling to buy; the cute sateen prints or the comfy fleece.

    Which is more comfortable for my little guy? I live in California where weather ranges from 55-85 degrees. Will fleece be too warm?

    Any suggestions/advice would help. Thanks.
    Jamie
  •  12-31-2005, 11:57 AM 7975 in reply to 7958

    Re: sateen vs. fleece

    I don't live in Cali or Texas BUT it has been my experience that a fleece HS would be too hot for that type of weather- unless you were in the A/C or outside for a bit.

     FWIW I live in MD and I can not imagine using a fleece HS in the humid summertime. I think it would depend on you and your baby though-- if you baby or you are prone to sweating then fleece may not be the best choice. BUT if sweating is not an issue then it might be ok-- especially for a newborn- YK, when they (and you) are trying to regulate their body temperature.

    Also, I have seen photos of mamas in warmer climates wearing a fleece HS-- even on Angela's site! this is the one on the header on the shopping part of ATB. https://www.attachedtobaby.com/photos/babywearing/category1009/picture292.aspx

    On the other hand --Sateen is a wonderful fabric. Very silky and totally LUX! My personal fave for any hotsling!

    HTH

  •  01-11-2006, 11:03 PM 8644 in reply to 7958

    Re: sateen vs. fleece

    I tend to agree with Katrina.  I'd pick a sateen over fleece for you.
    Jess
    Mom to Jack & Quinn

    Indy Babywearers--contact me for more info!
  •  01-12-2006, 8:19 AM 8681 in reply to 8644

    Re: sateen vs. fleece

    It's pretty warm where I live (Florida)...warmer than where you live actually (but it gets colder too, gotta love that California climate Smile [:)]). My vote would be for the sateen as well. I have had a couple of fleece pouches and while they were wonderfully cozy, they were warm--especially for baby. Sateen is beautiful and very soft. It would be a much nicer option for the summer IMO.  
    Mari

    Proud mama to Liam and Chloe
  •  01-15-2006, 9:45 PM 9153 in reply to 7958

    Re: sateen vs. fleece

    another vote for sateen....you could also check out peanutshell and try a stretch jersey (Im going to try both lol)
    Susan
    Mom to 4 great kids and one due in May!
  •  01-23-2006, 10:11 AM 10248 in reply to 9153

    Re: sateen vs. fleece

    Sateen for sure! I live in MN and it's cold but the fleece just stretches out with a heavier baby quick. I got a size 3 Hotsling in stretch cotton and a size 3 in fleece and the fleece was so big I sold it to a friend who wears a size 6 in stretch cotton! The sateen just looks and feels really nice too...and when you wash it you don't have to worry about the fabric pilling like fleece does after awhile!

     


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  01-30-2006, 3:32 PM 11038 in reply to 10248

    Re: sateen vs. fleece

    I love sateen too!  It's really good for all weather, IMO.  Let us know what you think when you get it! :D

    --Hannah

    Mama to 5 blessings

    Abigail '96, Susanna '98, Keturah '00, Benjamin '02, and Deborah '05
View as RSS news feed in XML