Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

Last post 01-28-2006, 11:59 PM by polihaupt. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-10-2005, 1:37 PM 4703

    How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    How many inserts do you use with your pocket diapers?
    Do you use a hemp and terry cloth? Or two hemps? We are experimenting with different inserts and would love to know your favorites!

    What do you put in your pocket diapers?

    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  09-10-2005, 5:28 PM 4705 in reply to 4703

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    Jolynda,
    I am sure I already told you, but.. I use the hemparoos or joey buns they are the same thing. I bought them used from a friend and they are still kicking. I used to put 2 into a fuzzibunz, but now I only put 1 in and we are good. I have heard the wonderfulls are fabulous. I think that is what Angela uses. I would like to try a drybees or whatever they are called. I think Angela ordered some. Put me down for a large.
    Beth
  •  09-13-2005, 8:32 PM 4819 in reply to 4705

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    Drybees are super!  They are the absolute trimmest diaper we have.  I love ours! 

    We use a bunch of inserts, the best are probably the microfiber towels I got at the automotive department at WalMart and the Wonderfulls.


    Angie

    Mom to little monkey Brady (4/04)
  •  09-13-2005, 10:55 PM 4828 in reply to 4819

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    I really like the Wonder-fuls One Size insert http://store.attachedtobaby.com/detail.aspx?id=131 for during the day.  We have a lot of the different inserts but the way you know which one you like is this:  After the laundry, see which insert you grap first to stuff in your favorite diaper. 

    To see which one you don't like, see which insert somehow never finds its way into a diaper or somehow ends up in the mix and match at the end of the diaper stuffing process.  Maybe matched up with an old sock and tea towel the dog chewed.  Or stuffed into the diaper with broken snaps that you need to close using duct tape.  Or the ugly diaper that you had to have but get a sharp pain in your head every time you see it - "Why did I think I needed a diaper with brown paisley ?!?"

    For night, I don't have a clear cut favorite.  I think maybe the jam tot one-size hemp.  I might throw in something else just in case.

    Stick out tongue [:P]

    David.

  •  10-21-2005, 1:46 AM 6178 in reply to 4703

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    I usually use an infant prefold, unless I'm using one of my own diapers (those come with a special insert.)  I had a joey and a duckybuns around here somewhere, but I wasn't overly impressed with them.  I like the versatility of the prefold, as it can be used for other things if I decide to ditch the pocket diapers.
    Stell - mama of 5 (for now)
  •  01-09-2006, 2:21 PM 8427 in reply to 4703

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    Just curious, to all the microfiber towel users....how many towels do you use to stuff your pocket dipes?  I used to be able to get away with one but now it seems I need two each time.  Or maybe I need to strip my dipes?  Any advice would be great....
    Angie

    Mom to little monkey Brady (4/04)
  •  01-11-2006, 11:53 AM 8543 in reply to 4828

    • gool0005 is not online. Last active: 02-10-2006, 10:31 PM gool0005
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 08-20-2005
    • Goose Creek, South Carolina
    • Posts 86
    • Points 1,294

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    David,

    Are you still selling diapers? I don't see how to get to diapers from the main page. I went ahead and ordered a bunch of XL Fuzzibunz from Wildflower diapers because I thought you stopped selling them. I have to remember to ask about these things.

    As for inserts, we have WonderFulls Hemp, MOE microterry, Wildflower Microterry, CottonBabies microterry, Target Automotive microterry, and prefolds.

    When we were using Wonderoos, I used the WonderFulls with a Target insert and that worked great for overnight. We grew out of our Wonderoos pretty fast though and bought some Large FuzziBunz to replace them. I use either the WF with Target insert or 2 of the sewn microterry inserts (of which CottonBabies is my favorite). My 2 year old has recent;y needed to switch to XL FB and we use a premium prefold as an insert.

    Kelly

  •  01-11-2006, 12:01 PM 8545 in reply to 8543

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

     gool0005 wrote:

    David,

    Are you still selling diapers? I don't see how to get to diapers from the main page. I went ahead and ordered a bunch of XL Fuzzibunz from Wildflower diapers because I thought you stopped selling them. I have to remember to ask about these things.

    I am not David, but I recently asked Angela the same question.  She has cloth diapers available, keep stalking the store, they will be added soon Big Smile [:D]


    Angie

    Mom to little monkey Brady (4/04)
  •  01-12-2006, 12:13 AM 8659 in reply to 4703

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    Day time: LOVE Wonderfulls!!! They ae my favorite!!! I also do Microterry inserts and the Happy Heinys inserts

    Nightime: Good old prefolds folded in thirds :-)

    Poliana
    SAHM to 4 wonderful kidos
  •  01-12-2006, 1:16 AM 8662 in reply to 4703

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    We use microfiber towels, too! We have hemp inserts, but I don't like them that much. Since we don't use pocket for nighttime diapers, I only stuff one insert per pocket.

  •  01-16-2006, 6:58 AM 9253 in reply to 4703

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    We use one MOE (mother of eden) microterry insert during the day. I do sometimes add a doubler if Braeden has been drinking a lot of water, though. LOL. That will normally hold him for several hours. For night time, I've had fantastic success with 2 MOE inserts and even with just one insert and one doubler (again, depending on water consumption...my kid loves his water!). I have used hemp inserts in the past and liked them, but I'd always have to double them up (bulky) so that they'd last more than an hour. And we always had stinky hemp problems no matter how hard I tried to keep the inserts free of build up and such. HTH! Amy
    Amy
    Mom to Holland (9), Madelyn (4) and Braeden (17m)
  •  01-16-2006, 7:19 AM 9258 in reply to 9253

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    2 inserts - 1 Wonderfulls and 1 plain olf micfrofiber towel than I bought in a 25 back from BJ's.  Works like a charm for heavy wetter DS. :)
    Michelle
    Mom to Quinn
  •  01-16-2006, 11:16 AM 9298 in reply to 4703

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    We use a hemp and a microfiber towel from walmart ( WAY cheaper than the target ones btw!! and the exact same!) sometimes I use a CPF, and I have some foldable ones I got with some Little Lambs which I use occasionaly. I stuff my FBs a little more than I need probably, but they are too big for Bella right now, and if I stuff them a bit they fit better! Of course she has a huge butt.. but thats ok :)
    I like the Microfiber because they dry SO much faster than any other stuffin.
    Stephanie

    Mom to Isabella 12-12-05

    Image hosting by Photobucket
  •  01-24-2006, 9:45 PM 10466 in reply to 9298

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    So far I've only tried the Hemparoos and the microterry insert that comes free with the Wonderoos. I like the microterry better. I was nervous about how it was two snapped together but it works great!

     


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  01-27-2006, 8:51 PM 10794 in reply to 10466

    Re: How many inserts do you use in your pocket diapers?

    I used to use only one microfiber towel.. but when dd started to be a heavy wetter I now use one large mb towel and a smaller one on top (walmart ones) and it is the perfect combo and not too bulky either!

     


    Rachele
    WAHM to my 2 girls!
    www.fuzzifannies.com
    Pocket diapers with flair!
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML