Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

Last post 07-06-2005, 4:55 PM by Boo-ka. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-26-2005, 11:14 PM 1940

    Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

    Hi all,

    this is probably my first time in English-speaking forum, so I am a little nervous. please, forgive my mistakes. I am originally from Russia.

    I came here in search for help what kind of carrier to buy and maybe find help on how to use it.

    My daughter is 1.5 months. I already have a sling, but it does not seem to work very well for us - the material is so  thick (strong) - it would not slide through the rings very well and I almost can not adjust it.

    I was thinking to buy something like EllaRoo Wraparound Baby Carrier http://ellaroo.com/wraparound-carrier.php, but I wanted to find out 1)other people's opinions 2) will I be able to get help on how to wear (I might have some videos downloaded long time ago on this kind of carriers), if I can find someone in person to teach me it woluld be great 3) where to buy and price - I am guessing that it is pretty expensive compare to the one I have - it was $20 including shipment from Ukraine + I gave $2 tip just in case.

    Should I create new topic in General Babywearing Chat with these questions?

    Thank you.


  •  07-04-2005, 9:24 PM 2155 in reply to 1940

    Re: Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

    Добро пожаловать! Да было бы хорошо спросить этим вопросам где вы предлагаете. :)

    Amazon Wrap Warrior and Mama to three blue eyed baby slingboys :)
  •  07-05-2005, 10:17 AM 2174 in reply to 2155

    Re: Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

    :) Спасибо :). Я думаю что пока не буду спрашивать - я уже решила заказывать Сторч - более того, я его заказала с какого-то сайта, но мне емайла-подтверждения так и не пришло - подожду ещё чуть-чуть (может так прийдёт, может позвоню им ещё раз) и закажу в другом месте. А потом уже буду спрашивать вопросы про как носить :). Я там ещё двд заказываю - учиться по нему буду.

    Это поди не культурно разговаривать по-русски на англо-язычном форуме. Легче, конечно, но не культурно. Предлагаю этими двумя месагами ограничиться :). Ведь их все могут видеть, так? Они ведь не личные.

    Спасибо за ответ!Big Smile [:D]


  •  07-05-2005, 10:32 AM 2175 in reply to 2155

    Re: Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

    ну вот, только пожаловалась - пришёл емайл что 1го числа отправлено, 8 должно прийти
  •  07-05-2005, 10:39 AM 2176 in reply to 2175

    Re: Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

    Glad you got a Storch....I LOVE mine.    You must show us pictures when you get it!!

    BTW, I don't speak Russian....(I wish!) I ran my greeting to you through the AltaVista translator, so anyone here can read all of our text that way (try it guys...it's fun!):

    http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

    If you need help in reading what we write to you, it may help you!

    Your English is WONDERFUL, though!

    Ваша английская язык ЧУДЕСНА, однако!


    Amazon Wrap Warrior and Mama to three blue eyed baby slingboys :)
  •  07-05-2005, 12:00 PM 2185 in reply to 2176

    Re: Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

    Oh! That's what it is! Big Smile [:D] That is why your Russian looked so funny. When I put my message in Russian in that translator, it looked even more funnier in English Big Smile [:D] That translator is a great thing, although it does not translate everything perfectly! Thanks!

    As I was saying in my previous msg, I just got an e-mail that package was sent July 1st and will probably be here on 8th. I ordered Inka 4.6 and DVD.

    I was thinking about our new sling all weekend - I want it so much - I want to carry my baby, but she is heavy and I can hardly do anything esle if she is not in sling. I can use my other sling, but it is not very comfortable, so I was hoping that the new one would be better (after I learn how to use it, ofcourse). Finally, it looks like we forgot our old one at my parents' house yestarday :(.

    I was able to understand everything that you wrote to me so far. But there are some abbreviations people use in English-speaking-internet that I do not understand. You call you kids (and husbands?) something like dd or dh or ds - what are these short for?

    Thank you!


  •  07-05-2005, 12:07 PM 2186 in reply to 1940

    Re: Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

    While I don't speak Russian-- welcome to  our little community! I am glad you found us! PLease check out www.thebabywearer.com if you can't find the answers to your questions here. Here is a great post about the web jargon... http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=382 

    The inka is a great wrap! And the DVD you got is wonderful as well. If you have anymore questions please post them and we will answer them or at the very least point you in the right direction.

    Good luck and congrats on your new bundle of joy and I hope you have many hours of happy babywearing!

  •  07-05-2005, 12:09 PM 2187 in reply to 2186

    Re: Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

    dh = dear husband

    dd = dear daughter

    dd = dear son

    dc = dear child

    :)


    Amazon Wrap Warrior and Mama to three blue eyed baby slingboys :)
  •  07-05-2005, 2:22 PM 2192 in reply to 2186

    Re: Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

    Thanks a lot!

    The link is very useful - I will try to learn how to use the "web jargon" Smile [:)]

    I will ask questions if I have them when sling comes - thanks!

    My family thinks I am crazy, but I do hope that I will have happy hours of wearing my baby :)


  •  07-05-2005, 2:26 PM 2193 in reply to 2187

    Re: Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

    Thanks! Well, my daughter is definitely dear Wink [;)], so I can call here dd too Big Smile [:D], as well as my husband is dh Smile [:)]

    About photos - I read some messages here about uploading photos here, but still have not figured out where is that link to edit my album.

    I have almost no sling photos (since we have only one sling and not using it as much as you all do with yours). Little amount of our photos is here

    http://www.eva.ru/passport/41505.htm (links next to little photos).
  •  07-05-2005, 11:15 PM 2242 in reply to 2193

    Re: Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

    Here ya go-- just cut and paste into your faves and you can go right to it anytime!  https://www.attachedtobaby.com/photos/boo-ka/default.aspx

     Geeked [8-|]

     

  •  07-05-2005, 11:17 PM 2244 in reply to 1940

    Re: Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

    Welcome, welcome!  Nice to see another midwestern-er on the boards!  I hope you enjoy the group!  If you have any questions, post away!


    Angie

    Mom to little monkey Brady (4/04)
  •  07-06-2005, 4:55 PM 2346 in reply to 2242

    Re: Hi. I am newbie fom Aurora, IL

    Thanks!

    Hmmm.. Huh? [:^)] I thought I put one picture there this morning... looks like it disappeared... well, it's okay - I will try to post pictures when I get my Storch and learn at least some way to put it on me Smile [:)]


View as RSS news feed in XML