Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

Ring a ding

Last post 06-22-2005, 12:54 PM by cbmr777. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-18-2005, 10:42 PM 1706

    Ring a ding

    I am so utterly challenged in the ring sling department.  I've tried one and it wasn't for me.  But I feel compelled to try again.  I want one with a comfortable shoulder weight distribution.  I also can't afford much, especially knowing my history.  With the sale going on, I decided to try blue sky baby, but can't find info on her type of shoulder style.  What else would you recommend?  I've been looking into sleeping baby (rev jan), any others? 


    Shelley mama to Skyler and Kaian

    LOVE MY BOYS!
  •  06-19-2005, 10:49 PM 1743 in reply to 1706

    Re: Ring a ding

    A sleeping baby productions is a great sling! Also the sachi is quite comfortable.  Both work well with most people. HTH
  •  06-20-2005, 12:20 AM 1748 in reply to 1706

    Re: Ring a ding

    I second SBP slings!  They're really fantastic: very sturdy and well made, comfy pleated shoulder, and such a great price.  I have a lot of trouble with ring slings too, but my SBP slinky rayon is a lot easier for me to adjust and use.

    A lot of people also recommend fanned shoulders, like Sachi and slingmemommy slings, so those are definitely good options too.  HTH!

    juliet
    maman à eliazar luís 12.23.04
  •  06-20-2005, 4:53 PM 1767 in reply to 1748

    Re: Ring a ding

    Ok ordered the SBP $14 special!  I hope I can use it!  Big Smile [:D]  Thanks for all your help
    Shelley mama to Skyler and Kaian

    LOVE MY BOYS!
  •  06-21-2005, 9:35 AM 1813 in reply to 1706

    Re: Ring a ding

    I personally LOVE Blue Sky Baby Slings.  Jennifer is sweet to work with and of course, her prices are cheap, cheap, cheap.  Frankly, there are cheap enough to experiment with the sling to see if you like it. 

    The shoulder style is different.  It is narrower than most slings I have tried, but I really like it because I *don't*  like my shoulders being restricted. The fabric is folded in half and then pleated.  It is very unsual and not like any other RS.  It is probably most similar to the Tentoes shoulder.  You can unfold the fabric or leave as is up to the rings. 

    She uses aluminum rings on her slings. There are a few of us who love BSBS so depending on what fabric you select, you'd have a good resale value to one of us! 

    Here is a picture of me in the purple fun stripe:
    https://www.attachedtobaby.com/photos/cbmr777/picture1751.aspx
    and
    https://www.attachedtobaby.com/photos/cbmr777/picture1752.aspx

    HTH!


    Christine
    BWing, CDing, HSing, AP momma to my 2 girls:
    Mikayla (5/98) and Rachel (3/05)
  •  06-22-2005, 12:15 AM 1831 in reply to 1813

    Re: Ring a ding

    Christine, I love your BSBS sling!  It's sooooo pretty!  =)

    juliet
    maman à eliazar luís 12.23.04
  •  06-22-2005, 12:54 PM 1847 in reply to 1831

    Re: Ring a ding

    I never got compliments with another RS that I had (although it was pretty) but this one I get tons of comments while out and about!  It is so fun to share the BWing love with strangers!



    Christine
    BWing, CDing, HSing, AP momma to my 2 girls:
    Mikayla (5/98) and Rachel (3/05)
View as RSS news feed in XML