in

Newbie

Last post 07-25-2006, 6:31 PM by lilsprstr. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-21-2006, 12:57 PM 17585

    Newbie

    Hi all!  I am a new mom to a beautiful baby girl.  She will be 5 months old on Tuesday.  She is the absolute light of our lives and I can't even remember life before her because now is so incredible.

    A little about us....

    I am nursing my daughter and (unfortunately) working full time.  I work pretty far from home and don't get home until later in the evening so my time at night with her is limited.  I pump while away from her and am happy to say that she has had NOTHING other than BM from day one.  I plan to introduce some cereal in the next couple of weeks and then slowly start solids a couple of weeks following that.  I plan to continue to nurse her until at least one year.  Most nights my daughter sleeps in her crib, but we do co-sleep some nights when I just want her close or when I am really tired and need to get to sleep earlier.  Our parenting style is most like attachment parenting.  We don't believe in letting our little one lay there and cry.  She has plenty of toys and things to play in (ie: exersaucer, etc.) and she does spend time in them, but she also spends lots of time in the arms of mommy or daddy.

    I am looking for other moms, both new and experienced, to talk with, share experiences, share ideas, give/take advice, etc.  Looking forward to getting to know some folks!

    Hope to hear from someone soon.

    -Luvbnmommy


    Melissa
    Mom to Emma (2/25/06)
  •  07-22-2006, 11:19 PM 17601 in reply to 17585

    Re: Newbie

    Welcome! Big Smile [:D]

    Blythe
    Mom to Luke & Karli
  •  07-24-2006, 12:42 PM 17613 in reply to 17601

    Re: Newbie

    Thanks!  Does this message board get lots of use?  It doesn't seem like there is much going on.


    Melissa
    Mom to Emma (2/25/06)
  •  07-24-2006, 12:52 PM 17615 in reply to 17613

    Re: Newbie

    It has been slow during the move. Angela just relocated to Colorado. The store did not ship for the last 10 days so I think people are just taking a break.
    Beth
  •  07-24-2006, 4:13 PM 17619 in reply to 17615

    Re: Newbie

    So, there is an Attached to Baby store in Colorado and it is run by Angela who also runs this site?  Is that correct?
    Melissa
    Mom to Emma (2/25/06)
  •  07-25-2006, 6:31 PM 17645 in reply to 17619

    Re: Newbie

    That's correct, but I'm not sure if she has an actual store or if it's all done on-line.

    Blythe
    Mom to Luke & Karli
View as RSS news feed in XML