in

Oopas!!!

Last post 05-05-2006, 11:11 PM by ktlady. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-26-2006, 8:06 PM 15137

    Oopas!!!

       Okay, so I always swore I would never actually spend the money on an Oopa, even though everyone raves about the comfort.

     

    But I have actually been thinking about it lately!!

     

    My question.....Do I go all out with the silk??  Or do a pique that I can wash.  I do NOT dry clean anything!!  Now, my DS is not a tiny spitty baby.  He is a big boy now (which is another concern...will I really "use" this enough to justify it?)  So, I honestly don't find the need to wash my carriers that often.  Many have only had one wash when new.  (Obviously this would not be my walk the neighborhood in 95 degree weather sling!!  Leave that to my readily washable wraps and MTs...the wraps particularly benefit from being "beat up!")

     

    Soo...I'm am thinking Baby Blue Pique, or the Baby White Pique in petite.  Or if silk...that Ivory is absolutely to die for...or the chocolate with Asian or Kiwi with bohemian????

     

    Give me your opinions!!


    Allysa
    Mom to Chloe 5/18/89 Olivia 2/6/02 and Elliot 2/15/05

    Attached to Baby LiveChat Support
  •  04-26-2006, 9:48 PM 15139 in reply to 15137

    Re: Oopas!!!

    I'd go with the Baby White Pique.  I love that one!!!  I know I'm going to break down and buy it sometime so the sooner the better.  And you can always sell it when you can't wear it anymore.



    Christina
    Mom to Cici 3/3/06
    and to the Standard Poodle Lilly
  •  04-27-2006, 6:17 AM 15147 in reply to 15137

    Re: Oopas!!!

    I would personally LOVE the black pique with large polka dots!!! Looks like an easy to clean and versatile and classy sling!!! Soooo gorgeous!

    Mamma to the two most beautiful carriable Norwegain boys in the world!
  •  04-27-2006, 6:36 AM 15148 in reply to 15137

    Re: Oopas!!!

    I have 2 Oopas. The chocolate with Asian inspired, and the black pique with floral accent. The silk is so fancy. I love the modern look of them. IMO the silk slips in the rings a bit more than the pique. To be fair my ds weighs 36lbs. I have been wearing the pique sling all week. I love it. It is supportive, very comfortalbe, and I have spot cleaned it in the sink when we got pizza sauce on it. Both would be great choices, if you want to be more practicle I would get the pique. I keep my silk Oopa for special occasions, but I think it looks great with a pair of jeans. Let us know which one you pick.
    Beth
  •  04-27-2006, 7:02 AM 15149 in reply to 15148

    Re: Oopas!!!

    Allysa,

     

    If you're going to be around while I'm in Florida May 6-13, you can try my White Pique Oopa. :)


    SAHM mom to 2 beautiful girls

    Attached to Baby Customer Service
  •  04-27-2006, 6:53 PM 15178 in reply to 15149

    Re: Oopas!!!

    Stacey,

    I'd love to try to hook up!!!  Let's figure out a date! 

    Allysa
    Mom to Chloe 5/18/89 Olivia 2/6/02 and Elliot 2/15/05

    Attached to Baby LiveChat Support
  •  04-27-2006, 11:06 PM 15191 in reply to 15137

    Re: Oopas!!!

    I tried a chocolate silk Oopa and quickly discovered that it wasn't for us.  It was plenty comfey, but we are not into dry cleaning.  I found that everyday use caused spots.  The silk is high maintenance in my opinion.  I have been into Hotslings lately, but the Ivory Oopa is catching my eye (it isn't silk!)  My ds is starting to walk, do I dare buy another Oopa?

     

    Dina

  •  04-29-2006, 6:42 AM 15246 in reply to 15191

    Re: Oopas!!!

    Okay Allysa and Stacey....I might want to see this Oopa also!  Big Smile [:D]

    I think the white pique is beautiful.  That would be my first choice if I had the $$.


    Angie
    mom to Taylor (1/95) and Alex (7/05)
  •  04-29-2006, 11:21 AM 15252 in reply to 15246

    Re: Oopas!!!

    I have wanted an oopa forever and ever, and I still can't pick! I just stare at them and there are to many beautiful choices!

    The one I love more than all the others of course isn't even available.That chocolate atb exclusive that there are only 3 of..... If that one was available i would have my decision MADE!

    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  05-05-2006, 11:11 PM 15480 in reply to 15252

    Re: Oopas!!!

    I currently have a silk one, blue pique, and black pique.  I think they are all great!  I would go with the blue pique because of the washability.   But the easiest one I have found to wash is the white pique.  I only sold that one becaue I found a lace I liked better.

    You would not regret it.  And if you found out it was not for you - resale is not usually a problem for Oopas.

     

View as RSS news feed in XML