Attached to Baby - Home

Attached to Baby

Baby Slings and Carriers - Babywearing Community
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Wierd baby pee diaper question...

Last post 06-01-2006, 12:32 AM by mamalotusyoga. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-21-2006, 11:11 PM 14967

    Wierd baby pee diaper question...

    Okay, so I have used CD's (Wonderoos) for 3 or 4 months now and I notice that the insert (not the diaper) gets a little stained from poo. No biggie for me. However, what IS wierd is that in the last week or so I noticed that the part of the insert where ds pee's is BROWN! And it stains pretty bad. So, he's soaking several diapers a day and that makes me *think* I shouldn't be worried. He's in otherwise great health. Could it be that I changed detergents? Or something in his diet? Has this happened to anyone else? Brown stains from pee? Seriously, what next!
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  04-25-2006, 5:57 AM 15071 in reply to 14967

    Re: Wierd baby pee diaper question...

    I have a diaper that is somewhat stained all over. It is just not white as the snow anymore. When my ds pees in that diaper it looks brownish when wet. Could it be that he is bringing the color out in a poop stained part of the insert? I suppose the insert doesn't always go in the same way.
    Beth
  •  04-25-2006, 6:02 PM 15104 in reply to 14967

    Re: Wierd baby pee diaper question...

    Which inserts are they?  I think it's pretty normal for the inserts to get stained after an occasional poo...if it bothers you a lot you could try sunning it out.  If he seems healthy and everything else is normal I don't think you have anything to be worried about!  Keep us updated though...

    Angie

    Mom to Brady (4.04) and Sydney (9.06)

    Attached to Baby Customer Service
  •  05-15-2006, 2:53 PM 15722 in reply to 14967

    Re: Wierd baby pee diaper question...

    A few things:

    Is your DS sick? Running a fever or acting "off"?

    Is your DS formula/BF/solid eating?

    What detergent are you using?

    I'll check back later on you.

  •  05-27-2006, 10:12 PM 16034 in reply to 15722

    Re: Wierd baby pee diaper question...

    Logan is totally healthy and he eats almost every solid food imaginable and is a formula baby.
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  06-01-2006, 12:32 AM 16199 in reply to 16034

    Re: Wierd baby pee diaper question...

    Ann-

    It could be that your DS is just peeing on the stains already in the diapes. They could be really faint after washing when diapes are "clean" and then show up when they're wet. IMO. Sounds like you've R/O anything health related, so this must be it.

View as RSS news feed in XML