in

Looking for a new book...

Last post 04-20-2006, 5:37 PM by emsstacey. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-17-2006, 3:16 PM 14807

    Looking for a new book...

    Anybody read anything good lately?

    I rarely actually have time to read, but I do love to when I can.

    So, give me some ideas!
    SAHM mom to 2 beautiful girls

    Attached to Baby Customer Service
  •  04-17-2006, 4:02 PM 14810 in reply to 14807

    Re: Looking for a new book...

    I started "Frangipini" this weekend - about a Tahitian mother and daughter. It's new I think.

    I loved "The Poisonwood Bible"! I love to read but also barely have the time. :)


    Angela
    Mama to Satori (11/04)
  •  04-18-2006, 7:45 AM 14831 in reply to 14810

    Re: Looking for a new book...

    I really liked the Poisonwood Bible, too. Lately, I've been reading all kinds of kids books-- Eragon, Thief Lord. I guess it's all thanks to Harry Potter. LOL
    SAHM mom to 2 beautiful girls

    Attached to Baby Customer Service
  •  04-19-2006, 9:26 AM 14868 in reply to 14831

    Re: Looking for a new book...

    I really like anything by Elizabeth Berg, She is an easy read and her stories really pull me in. I have checked out every one at the Library that I can get my hands on.

    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  04-20-2006, 1:59 PM 14918 in reply to 14807

    Re: Looking for a new book...

    Authors of Fun Fiction:
    Haruki Murakami
    Angela Carter
    Myla Goldberg

    Hmmmm... I will have to come back when other things pop into my head...

    What have you enjoyed in the past?  Are you looking for a particular genre?
  •  04-20-2006, 5:37 PM 14924 in reply to 14918

    Re: Looking for a new book...

    I'll check those out. Thanks for the suggestions! I actually like nearly anything. I have read so many varied types that I hate to peg myself. LOL
    SAHM mom to 2 beautiful girls

    Attached to Baby Customer Service
View as RSS news feed in XML