in

What MT should I get?

Last post 04-17-2006, 1:42 PM by elvishlucky. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-15-2006, 11:00 AM 14710

    What MT should I get?

        Currently all I own is a ring sling and a pouch...a MT looks appealing to me because it looks more comfortable for wearing my baby on my back.  Does anyone have a suggestion on what MT I should get?
  •  04-15-2006, 8:23 PM 14721 in reply to 14710

    Re: What MT should I get?

    Big baby or little baby?  Arms in or arms out?  Any particular types of fabric appeal to you?  (celtic, toile, camouflage, etc :) )

    mom to DS (march 2003) and DD (may 2005)
  •  04-16-2006, 11:25 AM 14740 in reply to 14710

    • Tambola is not online. Last active: 05-01-2006, 2:02 PM Tambola
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-23-2005
    • Ohio...is it STILL winter?
    • Posts 130
    • Points 2,271

    Re: What MT should I get?

    There really are so many available, and so many are FANTASTIC depending on your needs. So... are you in a hurry to get one, or do you mind a wait? Some are ready to ship, but some have 2-3 week waits.

    Tell us your needs! :-)




  •  04-16-2006, 2:17 PM 14743 in reply to 14710

    Re: What MT should I get?

        Well Anna is 6mths weighs about 17lbs...she very much likes to be able to move around so probably should get one that her arms can be out of...as far as fabric probably one that my huband or I can wear such as camo or paisley or something similiar. And no there's no hurry.Any suggestions?
  •  04-16-2006, 7:12 PM 14752 in reply to 14743

    Re: What MT should I get?

    I just got my first BabyHawk and love it!  It's super comfy and I can't wait to get another one!

    Angie

    Mom to Brady (4.04) and another little bun in the oven EDD 9.14.06
  •  04-16-2006, 9:09 PM 14756 in reply to 14710

    Re: What MT should I get?

    I know it's not an MT but I love my Ergo Organic and it's very comfy back and front. Great for b-fing, hiking, doing laundry, and working in the garden! I even shoveled wood chips with my boy on my back, and he was sleeping soundly. What I like about it vs. MT is that there is a sleeping hood which gives head support when (invariably) my son falls asleep back there! It's a clever, comfy design and I can't say enough great things about it. And baby daddy can wear it, too. No patterns or colors that he won't wear (like my Storch)!
    Smile [:)]


    Stacy, mama to Diego Mason (10-20-06)
  •  04-17-2006, 1:15 AM 14765 in reply to 14710

    Re: What MT should I get?

    All of the MTs that ATB carries are great!  If you check out the feedback/reviews on TBW.com you'll see these are all very popular!

    Go with the fabric that grabs you.  Freehands are my favorites followed by Babyhawks and Kozy (not available at ATB)  Sachi also has a very loyal following.

    BWing in the beginning is a lot of trial and error as to what works for your body and your baby!

    Have fun and let us know what you decided!

    Allysa
    Mom to Chloe 5/18/89 Olivia 2/6/02 and Elliot 2/15/05

    Attached to Baby LiveChat Support
  •  04-17-2006, 6:09 AM 14769 in reply to 14765

    Re: What MT should I get?

    If you want the arms out a Freehand or babyhawk would be great! The Freehand has a little more padding than the babyhawk. I think both have a gender neutral pattern. The new embroidered Freehand is fabulous.
    Beth
  •  04-17-2006, 1:21 PM 14792 in reply to 14710

    Re: What MT should I get?

        Thanks for all the info I think I'll either get a freehand or babyhawk perhaps for mothersday!Smile [:)]
  •  04-17-2006, 1:42 PM 14799 in reply to 14792

    Re: What MT should I get?

    ITA with the previous posters: for arms out, BabyHawk and Freehand are excellent choices.  Mei Tai Baby is another option.




    Crystal, mama to Nicholas 04/05
View as RSS news feed in XML