in

Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

Last post 05-05-2006, 1:18 AM by cappy. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-07-2006, 10:47 PM 14316

    Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    Isn't it terrible. I just see a kid in one, especially a boy, and I can't look! It just looks so uncomfortable. I just walk past them with my little guy in a sling and hope they see it and ask me about it. My husband says I'm a baby wearing snob!
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  04-09-2006, 9:09 AM 14401 in reply to 14316

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    I generally go up and comment on how beautiful their baby is...etc and then ask how they like their carrier. If they say something about it hurting their neck/shoulders I give them some BWing info and tell them there are many great alternatives. If they like their Bjorn, I don't push...Hmm [^o)]
  •  04-09-2006, 1:17 PM 14421 in reply to 14401

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    I do cringe a little on the inside. 

    Jess
    Mom to Jack & Quinn

    Indy Babywearers--contact me for more info!
  •  04-09-2006, 5:13 PM 14435 in reply to 14316

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    I carried my dd like that before I knew better :(  
  •  04-16-2006, 12:12 PM 14742 in reply to 14316

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    I do kinda feel bad for the little one hanging like that...

    What's worse is, before we learned 'better', we got one (non-returnable) during pregnancy.  It was still spendy, and now I am trying to figure out how to sell it to minimize losses (and fund something else) and not feel guilty.  :(

    *sigh*

    Tamar
  •  04-16-2006, 8:52 PM 14753 in reply to 14742

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    It does bother me a little. But the Snuggli/ Bjorn is all DH uses. Still swears it works for him. So cannot preach too much about it.
    But when the baby looks uncomfortable. I do ask them, how they like? ETC. Then pull out an ATB, BH, FH or TBW card. And if you know all those codes and what they stand for..

    BRAVO!!Popcorn [^lurk]

    Proud mother of Gabriel 4/23/02 and Rebecca 5/13/05

    ATB Live Chat Customer Service
  •  04-28-2006, 6:09 PM 15216 in reply to 14753

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    YES! :( The other day we were taking a walk around our neighborhood, and we saw a baby sleeping in one-her little head, arms, and legs were just flailing about! She looked so awfully uncomfortable!
    Heidi, WAHM/SAHM to Joey and Paul
    http://appalachianbaby.com/
  •  04-29-2006, 12:00 AM 15233 in reply to 15216

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    We just got back from vacation at Disney World.  Oh my, it sure does make me cringe now!!!!  Those poor mama's that are arching their back all day long, I could feel my back hurting for them!  And the babies, they were swinging all over.  I can't imagine how overstimulated they must get when facing out in a place like that!  Thank goodness for the Mei Tai and Hot Slings, they made our vacation!
    Stacy :)
    Mom to Garrett-2.23.01- and Chase-9.30.03- and Aiden-3.15.06
  •  04-29-2006, 12:57 AM 15240 in reply to 15233

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    LOL, maybe it used to.  But TBH, if they're wearing their baby, and the baby and babywearer looks happy, then hey, at least they're babywearing, right?  The Bjorn was all we used for ds#1 and up until I bought DH a Patapum, it was all DH would use for ds#2, too. 

    Lois

    Ben and Keegan's Mommy
  •  04-29-2006, 1:15 AM 15241 in reply to 14421

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    Mom2Jack+one:
    I do cringe a little on the inside. 


    Me too, but at least they're wearing them.
  •  05-05-2006, 1:18 AM 15451 in reply to 15241

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    I'm more likely to cringe when I see them in an enormous stroller, holding their own bottle, staring at people's knees.  My husband also only uses the Bjorn but our daughter is too small to face out yet. 
View as RSS news feed in XML