in

HE IS A SUPER SOAKER!

Last post 04-04-2006, 1:36 AM by adore_one. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-29-2006, 12:21 PM 13937

    HE IS A SUPER SOAKER!

    Okay so I started CD'ing PT at home...I have discovered that my kid goes thru everything w/in 2 hours...is this normal?  I have talked to some of the diaper makers and they have said, WOW I have never had anyone leak thru one of mine...and she is a good friend so I actually believe her Wink [;)]

    Does anyone have any suggestions on what is the best for supersoakers.  We have just tried AI2 and AIO - I know the AIO would be a quick thing and not last long...but it was soo freaking cute!  I am hoping to avoid anything TOO complex as I want DH to CD as well...eventually.

    THANKS LADIES!

  •  03-29-2006, 5:26 PM 13958 in reply to 13937

    Re: HE IS A SUPER SOAKER!

    So, is an AI2 a pocket?  Or something else?  Because, I would suggest a pocket stuffed with some high absorbancy stuff, or combination thereof.  Hemp, microfiber, PF.  How about getting a few liner/soaker things to put in your AIO.  How about a wool cover?

    Shooting from the hip here, with my lack of experience as a wholeWink [;)]


    Kristin
  •  03-29-2006, 5:52 PM 13961 in reply to 13958

    Re: HE IS A SUPER SOAKER!

    I agree, if you are using pockets, stuff them with extra stuff!  We really like the microfiber inserts and I remember someone telling me that you can get the microfiber towels in the automotive section of Walmart for like a quarter a peice!  Bulk might end up being an issue, too.

    Maybe you could try a few different brands of diapers, too.  Some just have a better fit on some babies and don't leak as much.


    Stacy :)
    Mom to Garrett-2.23.01- and Chase-9.30.03- and Aiden-3.15.06
  •  03-29-2006, 9:36 PM 13972 in reply to 13961

    Re: HE IS A SUPER SOAKER!

    My ds was a super soaker! I was happy to make it 2 hours in a diaper. We had the most luck with Hemp diapers. Happy Heinys are great and the soaker is hemp/cotton, they work really well for a super soaker. I also like lukesdrawers. They have a variety of diapers, from all in wonders, aios and the good night kisses really are the only diaper that works for us at night time.
    When my ds turn 1 he really stopped wetting so much. I change him every 3 hours now and we don't have too many leaks, so that is something to look forward to. It will get better.
    Beth

  •  03-29-2006, 9:55 PM 13973 in reply to 13937

    Re: HE IS A SUPER SOAKER!

    I tried one AI2 and it didn't work for us at all.  I have several AIOs and they don't last us more than 2 hours.  Have you tried putting an insert on top of the AIOs or AI2s?  Sometimes adding an extra layer would help.  I prefer using pockets so I can stuff them as much or as little as needed.  You can pre-stuff the pockets and have them ready to go for your DH!  Good luck finding the right solution for your family!

    Angie

    Mom to Brady (4.04) and another little bun in the oven EDD 9.14.06
  •  04-01-2006, 11:49 AM 14062 in reply to 13937

    Re: HE IS A SUPER SOAKER!

    i have the king of super soakers!!!!. i use motherease sandy's with a prefold inside and a wool cover at night or a motherease airflow during the day.  i totally empathize.  and aios won't help you at all.  you may be better with pockets, but i haven't had much luck there either, just stick the the fitteds with a pf and cover.  even dad like the motheerease-won't touch anything else in the drawers.
  •  04-04-2006, 1:36 AM 14178 in reply to 13937

    Re: HE IS A SUPER SOAKER!

    Thanks ladies.  Right now I am using AI2 which is like an AIO but has the layers on top that can snap off.  We are using ones that have 8 layers of hemp WITH an additional hemp doubler and he still soaks thru within 2 hours.  I am thinking I will try pockets as those are easy.  I also just got my first two fitted diapes so I must try those.  THANK YOU soo much for all your advice I would love all the recommendations you got!  
View as RSS news feed in XML