Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in

Wrap Recommendations

Last post 02-17-2006, 6:56 AM by gool0005. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-16-2006, 9:30 AM 12372

    Wrap Recommendations

    Hi! My sister-in-law is having a baby soon and I am thinking of getting her a wrap as a gift. Problem is I never used wraps (only slings, pouches and mei tais) so I need recommendations! I can only afford to spend around $60, which I gather means I can only get somethng very basic. She is only 5' tall and average build. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  •  02-16-2006, 10:18 AM 12376 in reply to 12372

    Re: Wrap Recommendations

    Hot Mamas are great for first timers. My first wrap was a Hot Mama. She offers very unique and beautiful designs. Here is some more info:

    http://hyenacart.com/momandmecreations/

    Use discount code "ten" minus quotes to get $10 off your purchase. This code is good for all instock wraps and pouches ONLY. It does not apply to pads or T shirts.

    Sale ends Friday, 2/17, at 10pm PST.

    I am also 5'0" and about 110lbs. I can use a 3.7m for all carries, but I would probably recommend a 4.2m size for your SIL. Good luck!


    Blythe
    Mom to Luke & Karli

    Searching for Jonas (true size 5 or small size 6)...I promise to give him a good home.
  •  02-16-2006, 12:44 PM 12388 in reply to 12372

    Re: Wrap Recommendations

    Gypsy Mama Bali baby wraps AND Ellaroos are both AWESOME wraps in your price range -- both sold here on ATB Big Smile [:D]

    Poliana
    SAHM to 4 wonderful kidos
  •  02-16-2006, 1:38 PM 12391 in reply to 12372

    Re: Wrap Recommendations

    Moby is also a nice wrap to start with Smile [:)]. They are stretchy rather than woven, but very nice for newborns. ATB sells them, too. The new Moby D is very pretty. I haven't used one of these, but I have heard good things about the Gypsymama Bali Baby stretch.
    Mari

    Proud mama to Liam and Chloe
  •  02-16-2006, 4:37 PM 12403 in reply to 12391

    Re: Wrap Recommendations

    I like the cuddly wrap for a newborn, but for a wrap you can use a bit longer I would reccommed an Ellaroo. You get the comfort of a woven wrap, put not the price of a German woven. If you can spring for a German woven though (Storch or Didy) You wont regret it! They are the ultimate in comfort!
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  02-16-2006, 4:54 PM 12410 in reply to 12391

    Re: Wrap Recommendations

    I second the Moby D. They are pretty and comfortable!
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  02-17-2006, 6:56 AM 12446 in reply to 12372

    • gool0005 is not online. Last active: 04-21-2006, 3:26 AM gool0005
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 08-20-2005
    • Goose Creek, South Carolina
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,563

    Re: Wrap Recommendations

    Along with whatever wrap that you decide to get for your SIL, be sure to send an instructional video like the Tummy2Tummy DVD that is sold on this site or the DVD that is sold at Children's Needs. The videos are a great resource especially if she will be trying it without have an experienced user there to help.

    Kelly

View as RSS news feed in XML