Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

Maya Tais, What are these and when will we see them?

Last post 02-12-2006, 11:03 PM by i0lanthe. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-10-2006, 9:02 AM 11849

    • gool0005 is not online. Last active: 04-13-2006, 7:09 AM gool0005
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 08-20-2005
    • Goose Creek, South Carolina
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,563

    Maya Tais, What are these and when will we see them?

    I see on the blog that you are getting Maya Wrap mei tais. I am curious about these. Are they made entirely of the Maya Wrap woven fabric? Do they have padding? What are the dimensions of the body? Of the straps? When will they be instock?

    Thanks,

    Kelly

  •  02-10-2006, 9:04 AM 11850 in reply to 11849

    Re: Maya Tais, What are these and when will we see them?

    I will know more when I get them in. I think they have additional material to be more supportive than just the Maya woven fabric. There are a few orders I had sent out and these ladies might get them sooner, so feel free to pipe in!

    They should be in stock anyday now. Probably by Monday, perhaps sooner.


    Angela
    Mama to Satori (11/04)
  •  02-10-2006, 2:46 PM 11867 in reply to 11850

    Re: Maya Tais, What are these and when will we see them?

    I was really looking forward to getting one and now none of the fabrics "speak" to me.  I was hoping to get the apple green.  Oh well...Ill just have to be patient (yeah right)
    Jess
    Mom to Jack & Quinn

    Indy Babywearers--contact me for more info!
  •  02-10-2006, 3:34 PM 11868 in reply to 11867

    Re: Maya Tais, What are these and when will we see them?

    Yeah, I tried to order the new fabrics but they didn't manufacture any in those colors yet. In fact, they didn't manufacture much at all, as they are almost all sold out already!

    I'll post asap as soon as they let me know they are available in the new colors though.


    Angela
    Mama to Satori (11/04)
  •  02-12-2006, 2:42 PM 12020 in reply to 11868

    Re: Maya Tais, What are these and when will we see them?

    I just checked out the main Mayawrap page, it says they will be available in a large size too. Will you be stocking these too? May want to wait for one of these if any are coming....
  •  02-12-2006, 3:18 PM 12022 in reply to 12020

    Re: Maya Tais, What are these and when will we see them?

    Looks like more sizes and colors will be available the end of March. I'll be carrying the full line so as soon as they email me, I'll add them to the site and make another huge order.
    Angela
    Mama to Satori (11/04)
  •  02-12-2006, 5:27 PM 12029 in reply to 11849

    Re: Maya Tais, What are these and when will we see them?

    If you PM me I will give you the measurement rather than posting :) I can tell you it is bigger/taller/ wider than the Kozy. My son (almost 2) would be swallowed by this carrier BUT he really fights so it will be great for naps. AND using it with the chestbelt tie works great!  The straps are not padded so it is sort of like the napsack/eden mei tai. The straps are thin and feel like butter and very wide so there will no problem cupping your shoulders-- the body is padding and thicker than the straps because the body has an inner lining to make it sturdy.I do think that they are made entirely of the maya fabric only like I said there is a liner of some sort in the middle of body-- YK like they inserted canvas or something. It really works for this carrier! Youc an not tell or anything-- it is not uncomfortable or anything like that-- you can just tell cause the straps are so much thinner than the body and I just know that it will soften up after washing! Otherwise the carrier would not support baby's weight. I think this carrier is very versatile-- you can really wear it many ways!
  •  02-12-2006, 11:03 PM 12043 in reply to 12029

    Re: Maya Tais, What are these and when will we see them?

    Sounds fantastic... looking forward to end of March, lol.

    mom to DS (march 2003) and DD (may 2005)
View as RSS news feed in XML