Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

What diet are you on?

Last post 02-10-2006, 8:38 PM by Chmmr. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-09-2006, 2:48 AM 11715

    What diet are you on?

    Hi all, I was just wondering what the different diets everyone is on were and why you chose that diet.  Was it because it was something you have tried before?  Something that worked for someone you know?  Something you read in a book?  Magazine?  Heard about on TV?  Just better eating habits and exercise?  Share what is working for you!!

    What Kind of DIet are you On?

    • Weight Watchers Flex Points (66.7%)
    • Weight Watchers Core Plan (0%)
    • Atkins (0%)
    • The Zone (glycemic Index type diet) (0%)
    • Body for Life (0%)
    • Sonoma Beach (0%)
    • Other (please post and tell us which one) (33.3%)
    • Total Votes: 3

    SAHM to Max and Zachary

    Weight Loss: 10 /21 pounds (first 10 %)
    Total of goal: 10/100-only 90 to go :D
  •  02-09-2006, 2:52 AM 11716 in reply to 11715

    Re: What diet are you on?

    Oh and fwiw, I am on weight watchers flex points, because I find the points system realatively easy to work with on a daily basis.  I also have done it before and had success so that helps too.  Finally, I like it because WW says that diet is not really about "dieting" but abocut making healthy life choices and changes.  It is IMO about lifestyle change as opposed to a short term diet.  I also like that they are realistic and say that people will only stick to their "diet of choice" 80% of the time so they shoot for an 80/20 week meaning on diet 80 percent of the time, and off days 20% of the time (works out to 5.6/1.4 days per week) Yes I am a math geek-LOL
    SAHM to Max and Zachary

    Weight Loss: 10 /21 pounds (first 10 %)
    Total of goal: 10/100-only 90 to go :D
  •  02-09-2006, 7:10 AM 11726 in reply to 11716

    Re: What diet are you on?

    I'm a believer in the weight watchers points system too. Twice I lost a bunch of weight on it and as soon as I got off I gained it almost all back...! I need to start going again!
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  02-09-2006, 12:56 PM 11751 in reply to 11716

    Re: What diet are you on?

    I chose other - I am about to start the South Beach diet.  I chose this for a couple of reasons:

    1.  I have a SIL who always gains 70-80 lbs. with each pregnancy.  She goes on South Beach every time and gets back down to her pre pregnancy weight before she has the next kid. 

    2.  I used to work for Arizona Heart Institute and a couple other cardiology centers.  The doctors always recommended the South Beach diet to their patients.

    3.  And finally, I looked at the food lists and it seems feasible to me.

    I am getting excited about starting.

     

    Amy

  •  02-10-2006, 8:38 PM 11916 in reply to 11751

    Re: What diet are you on?

    amyway_j wrote:

    I chose other - I am about to start the South Beach diet.  I chose this for a couple of reasons:

    1.  I have a SIL who always gains 70-80 lbs. with each pregnancy.  She goes on South Beach every time and gets back down to her pre pregnancy weight before she has the next kid. 

    2.  I used to work for Arizona Heart Institute and a couple other cardiology centers.  The doctors always recommended the South Beach diet to their patients.

    3.  And finally, I looked at the food lists and it seems feasible to me.

    I am getting excited about starting.

     

    Amy

    Amy, what exactly is the southbeach diet.?  I have heard the name but have never taken the time to look it up.  Maybe i should post a new thread for you to explain it?


    SAHM to Max and Zachary

    Weight Loss: 10 /21 pounds (first 10 %)
    Total of goal: 10/100-only 90 to go :D
View as RSS news feed in XML