in

How many diapers should you have on hand?

Last post 02-14-2006, 5:32 PM by rocketbuttmama. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-08-2006, 4:24 AM 11626

    How many diapers should you have on hand?

    I now have 20 but I'm still stuck doing laundry every day. Sheesh! How many do I need!
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  02-08-2006, 6:11 AM 11627 in reply to 11626

    Re: How many diapers should you have on hand?

    I would think with about 20-25 you would be able to do laundry every-other day...

    HTH!
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  02-08-2006, 7:52 AM 11635 in reply to 11626

    Re: How many diapers should you have on hand?

    I do laundry everyday, I don't mind though because I have 2 in diapers and I have enough to fill my machine everyday. Look into how man diapers you are using in a 24 hour period and make sure that you have at least 2X that amount if you don't want to wash everyday.

    Kelly

  •  02-08-2006, 8:39 PM 11688 in reply to 11635

    Re: How many diapers should you have on hand?

    I think I will bump it up to 25.
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  02-10-2006, 2:44 PM 11866 in reply to 11688

    Re: How many diapers should you have on hand?

    of course it also depends on how old your babe is. NB should have at least 2 doz for laundry every day. We have probably around 40.. fitteds and pockets and prefolds, I have made half of em.
    the older they are the less you go thru, so less is easier to get by with. but the smaller your stash, the more used the diapers, and they may not last as long!
    Stephanie
    Mom to Isabella 12-12-05

  •  02-14-2006, 5:32 PM 12234 in reply to 11626

    Re: How many diapers should you have on hand?

    I second that the older they get the less you need! When DS was a newborn we had 36... 12 fitteds and 24 prefolds. Still was doing laundry every day because I hated the prefolds (cheapy gerber ones). Now we've got a dozen or so (12 motherease plus some random fitteds and some I've made myself) 12 premium prefolds (yay nice ones!) and 6 pockets for nights and travel.. but NEED MORE POCKETS! That's the driving factor in laundry at the moment, not the regular ones!

    Carrie
    Nathan's Mama, 10/22/04
View as RSS news feed in XML