Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

waaaaaahhhh!! I hate working!!!!!!

Last post 02-14-2006, 2:42 AM by Chmmr. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-05-2006, 11:55 AM 11464

    waaaaaahhhh!! I hate working!!!!!!

    Thursday was our first day back to work. I really dont like working now. I am not a mommy at work. I hate pumping there. I cant pump enough, and Paul ended up bringing her into work. I only have 4 oz in the fridge right now and I have to work a 10 hour shift tonight!!! I really don't want to give her formula, but we are usually really busy at night, and ... well I would feel horrible doing that to my coworkers.
    To top it all off we have thrush too, so she is horribly fussy at night. And its just a pain in the butt!
    I want to quit, I dont want to work ever again. I HATE this. I dont want to go to work today... ahhhhhh!!!
    how do you DO this?!?!
    Stephanie

    Mom to Isabella 12-12-05

    Image hosting by Photobucket
  •  02-05-2006, 12:38 PM 11466 in reply to 11464

    Re: waaaaaahhhh!! I hate working!!!!!!


    Oh, I am so sorry!!!!  Its hard to go back.  Sad [:(]  I have been back to work for 3 months now.  Before I went had a bit of frozen BM already stocked.  I work 12 hour shifts at night 2 nights a week.  I pump twice while there.  Was a little rough at first.  The more my body got used to pumping there the more BM I was able to bring home.  DH and I had also discussed possibly mixing BM with formula if it became necessary.  So far we have not had to do that.  I also feel bad for leaving coworkers at time to go pump...but I know it wont be forever that I am able to do this.  And luckily they are all pretty understanding.  I hope it gets easier for you!! 

    Angie
    mom to Taylor (1/95) and Alex (7/05)
  •  02-05-2006, 4:44 PM 11472 in reply to 11464

    Re: waaaaaahhhh!! I hate working!!!!!!

    One idea to build up your frozen milk supply would be to pump in the morning after you bf your baby- yes it seems like a time consuming idea but I always had extra milk in the morning and could usually pump a bottle or so. It helped to build up my supply so I didn't have to worry about mixing w/formula.
  •  02-05-2006, 4:49 PM 11473 in reply to 11464

    Re: waaaaaahhhh!! I hate working!!!!!!

    Stephanie,

    I'm so sorry you are having a rough time. I don't have any wisdom for you as I'm home with my little ones, but I just wanted to encourage you. This too shall pass. It can only get easier, right? Good luck!


    Blythe
    Mom to Luke & Karli
  •  02-05-2006, 7:06 PM 11479 in reply to 11473

    Re: waaaaaahhhh!! I hate working!!!!!!

    Oh my! I hear you! What do you do for work...a 10 hour shift, ick! I actually really like working but I only work 4-5 hours a day for a total of 20-25 a week. It's nice for me to get out of the house and be with other adults but not for 10 hours!
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  02-05-2006, 7:54 PM 11488 in reply to 11464

    Re: waaaaaahhhh!! I hate working!!!!!!

    Stephanie~

     

    I am so sorry to hear that working is not going well. Pumping is really hard, I think the best thing to do is pump every day regardless of if you are working or not.

    One thing that helped when I was buliding my stash for the frezzer, was nursing baby on one side and pumping the other at the same time.

    What kind of pump are you using? A good quality pump is very important to use.

    I had a few bouts with thrush, We can talk tommrow at nino, and I will try and give you some ideas.

    If Paul can bring the baby to you to nurse I think that is much better than supplementing with formula, supplementing will only diminish your supply further.

    (((hugs)) It will get better, I promise!Left Hug [{]


    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  02-05-2006, 8:20 PM 11490 in reply to 11464

    Re: waaaaaahhhh!! I hate working!!!!!!

    Stephanie,

    I know how hard it is to go back to work, it did get a little easier for us but pumping was always rough.  I agree with PP to try to build up your BM supply.  Try to pump after the first nursing session or maybe rent a hospital grade pump for a week or two to build up your supply.  At one point we had 400 ounces in our freezer and I didn't think we would use it all...but we did.  Hang in there!  We are all here for you if you need help or encouragement!


    Angie

    Mom to Brady (4.04) and another little bun in the oven EDD 9.14.06
  •  02-06-2006, 3:43 PM 11529 in reply to 11490

    Re: waaaaaahhhh!! I hate working!!!!!!

    Thanks everyone :)

    I am waiting to talk to my manager about going part time.
    This weekend was ok, but not what I want to do. Being gone from her for that long is not ok, and looking into the future makes me more and more sad. But I do need to work- money.. and for stimulation.. LOL- and so I do want to work part time.
    They have bonded more too, its pretty cute watching them :)
    Stephanie

    Mom to Isabella 12-12-05

    Image hosting by Photobucket
  •  02-09-2006, 7:16 AM 11729 in reply to 11529

    Re: waaaaaahhhh!! I hate working!!!!!!

    Part-time is the way to go! It's like the best of both worlds with one kid. I figure with 2 or 3 then I'll stay home. But the money helps!
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  02-09-2006, 1:25 PM 11752 in reply to 11729

    Re: waaaaaahhhh!! I hate working!!!!!!

    Yep! So that what we are doing. I am working 2 days a week. I think that will be plenty for awhile here. Plus I am getting some interested people in my diapers, and I am thinking of selling some on Hyena Cart once I get a few made up.
    Stephanie

    Mom to Isabella 12-12-05

    Image hosting by Photobucket
  •  02-14-2006, 2:42 AM 12152 in reply to 11752

    Re: waaaaaahhhh!! I hate working!!!!!!

    Glad to hear things got a bit better for you.  I also couldn't handle working so I wound up quitting and being a SAHM as of the beginning of this month (two whole weeks and coun ting).  We figured out that with daycare expenses and my wages, it was cheaper for us to stay home-kind of ironic huh?  Glad Part time is working for you-i definitely wish I could do PT some days so that I could get out more.
    SAHM to Max and Zachary

    Weight Loss: 10 /21 pounds (first 10 %)
    Total of goal: 10/100-only 90 to go :D
View as RSS news feed in XML