Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

CD dilema

Last post 01-29-2006, 10:36 AM by Serras_sis. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-25-2006, 11:36 PM 10628

    CD dilema

    Background:  When we were preparing for ds's arrival, we bought a set of cloth diapers (chinese prefolds).  I found a package deal with small and large prefolds, plus 4-6 pro-wrap covers in each size that I would need to get through to potty training.

    The dilema:  ds HATES the cloth diapers.  I've added micro fleece inserts and disposable inserts, but he is miserable in them.  We used disposables in the hospital and the first week home so maybe he is spoiled, but we've tried off and on for the last 12 weeks and can't convert him.

    Any suggestions?

    Cat

     

  •  01-26-2006, 6:47 AM 10631 in reply to 10628

    Re: CD dilema

    Have you tried other kinds of cd's? How about trying a Wonderoo or Fuzzi Bunz? You could just order one and try it out. Then if you like it order more and sell those others off on ebay. That's what I did and if my ds can tell a difference than he sure doesn't seem to mind it. I would think cd's would be more comfy than disposables...
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  01-26-2006, 8:29 AM 10639 in reply to 10631

    Re: CD dilema

    A friend of mine who cd's gave me three fitted cloth diapers with insert pockets (not sure what the brand name is).  DS tolerates these a little more, but it seems like 5 minutes after they are one he starts to fuss.  I don't know if it's because he is already wet and uncomfortable or if its because they are bulky than he is use too.  It is really disappointing, because dh was totally on board (in fact it was his idea).  Now he has jumped ship because his boy is not happy, maybe after dh goes back to work (they are on winter break right now) and ds and I have some alone time, I can try again with more regularity.

    I never thought to look on ebay for cd's.  Thanks for the help!!

    Cat

  •  01-27-2006, 5:22 PM 10756 in reply to 10639

    Re: CD dilema

    I didn't even know this could happen!  Anyone else have a similar experience?

    Is the cover itself (or however it attaches) giving him the discomfort--red marks, scratches?  The velcro on a cover we used with DS2 used to scratch him.  It didn't bother him, just me.


    Kristin
  •  01-27-2006, 8:47 PM 10792 in reply to 10756

    Re: CD dilema

    I would try something other than pre-folds.. a pocket diaper might feel more like a sposie to him and might work better!  I know my dd wont wear prefolds.. they are too bulky thru the legs especially with a cover!  Just a thought!
    Rachele
    WAHM to my 2 girls!
    www.fuzzifannies.com
    Pocket diapers with flair!
  •  01-27-2006, 9:41 PM 10799 in reply to 10792

    Re: CD dilema

    Well, I tried again today and I had three successful cd attempts!!  I bumped up a size on the covers and didn't get any complaints!  I tried the prefolds and the fitted.  So maybe it was the covers pinching and not the wetness or bulkiness!  Yea!!

    Thanks for all of your support!!

  •  01-28-2006, 3:53 AM 10819 in reply to 10799

    Re: CD dilema

    That's good! I'm glad you kept trying! I give up quick on stuff but it worked out so that's great!

     


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  01-29-2006, 10:36 AM 10916 in reply to 10799

    Re: CD dilema

    good!! I was going to say DD hates sposies!! LOL
    try a pocket, something morfe absorbant too, DD is much less wet feeling with those.
    Stephanie

    Mom to Isabella 12-12-05

    Image hosting by Photobucket
View as RSS news feed in XML