Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

CXD Baby slings

Last post 01-26-2006, 2:20 PM by drmomof2boys. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-23-2006, 7:40 AM 10224

    CXD Baby slings

    OK, has anyone tried these? Do they compare with Oopas? Zolos?

    There is a Norwegian store selling them, and I am so tempted...


    Mamma to the two most beautiful carriable Norwegain boys in the world!
  •  01-23-2006, 2:23 PM 10265 in reply to 10224

    Re: CXD Baby slings

    I have one!  It was my first silk sling.  At the time I'd only tried an OTSBH and a Maya Wrap RS, so it was HEAVEN!!  I still like it and I don't think I'll ever sell it b/c there's so much sentimental value attached to it.

    The shoulder is a sewn-flat style.  It's comfy and spreads pretty easily, IMO, and was easier for a RS newbie like myself to use than the maya.  But it had a tendency to slide up my shoulder onto my neck- but maybe it's because of my anatomy b/c I haven't heard of others having this problem.  The rings are medium-sized steel- which work fine for me- I usually prefer the large-sized aluminum, but I don't have problems adjusting the single layer of brocade thru the medium.

    I know that Alison (mom2twinsplus1.5 on TBW) has a couple of CXD's- silk and cotton.  I'd been tempted to try a cotton one, too- the fabrics are just so cute!


    Lois

    Ben and Keegan's Mommy
  •  01-26-2006, 8:11 AM 10636 in reply to 10265

    Re: CXD Baby slings

    I am thinking of trying one too!  I am sad the blue bees is sold out but I think its says it can be ordered. 

    Lois have you ever tried an Oopa? Just wondering if its comparable.

    Meg


    Meg

    Shop At Home Mom to
    Nicholas (10/12/00)
    Lexi (5/3/02)
    my sweet baby Luke (8/1/05)
  •  01-26-2006, 2:20 PM 10662 in reply to 10636

    Re: CXD Baby slings

    I have some Oopas and to me, they're just very different slings.  Different looks to them.  Both are comfy.  The Oopa is waaaaaay more lightweight and awesome for warm weather.  The Oopa is also easier to adjust than the CXD.  But by the same token, I find that I'm needing to readjust my Oopas, whereas I never have to readjust the CXD.  Also, my CXD has med steel rings, whereas Oopas all have large aluminum slingrings. This doesn't matter to me, but I know it's very important for some people.


    Lois

    Ben and Keegan's Mommy
View as RSS news feed in XML