Attached to Baby

Baby Sling, Babywearing Shop and Community
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

Last post 05-05-2006 1:18 AM by cappy. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-07-2006 10:47 PM

    Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    Isn't it terrible. I just see a kid in one, especially a boy, and I can't look! It just looks so uncomfortable. I just walk past them with my little guy in a sling and hope they see it and ask me about it. My husband says I'm a baby wearing snob!
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
    • Post Points: 56
  • 04-09-2006 9:09 AM In reply to

    • cvcraven
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 10-23-2005
    • Florida
    • Posts 66
    • Points 733

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    I generally go up and comment on how beautiful their baby is...etc and then ask how they like their carrier. If they say something about it hurting their neck/shoulders I give them some BWing info and tell them there are many great alternatives. If they like their Bjorn, I don't push...Hmm [^o)]
    Valerie
    Mom to Caleb Ryan 5/2003 & Rhys Andrew 1/2005
    • Post Points: 22
  • 04-09-2006 1:17 PM In reply to

    • Mom2Jack+one
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 05-11-2005
    • Indianapolis, IN
    • Posts 364
    • Points 5,253

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    I do cringe a little on the inside. 
    Jess
    Mom to Jack & Quinn

    Indy Babywearers--contact me for more info!
    • Post Points: 22
  • 04-09-2006 5:13 PM In reply to

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    I carried my dd like that before I knew better :(  
    • Post Points: 5
  • 04-16-2006 12:12 PM In reply to

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    I do kinda feel bad for the little one hanging like that...

    What's worse is, before we learned 'better', we got one (non-returnable) during pregnancy.  It was still spendy, and now I am trying to figure out how to sell it to minimize losses (and fund something else) and not feel guilty.  :(

    *sigh*

    Tamar
    • Post Points: 22
  • 04-16-2006 8:52 PM In reply to

    • tamplum
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-03-2005
    • Sacramento
    • Posts 391
    • Points 2,470

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    It does bother me a little. But the Snuggli/ Bjorn is all DH uses. Still swears it works for him. So cannot preach too much about it.
    But when the baby looks uncomfortable. I do ask them, how they like? ETC. Then pull out an ATB, BH, FH or TBW card. And if you know all those codes and what they stand for..

    BRAVO!!Popcorn [^lurk]
    Proud mother of Gabriel 4/23/02 and Rebecca 5/13/05

    ATB Live Chat Customer Service
    • Post Points: 22
  • 04-28-2006 6:09 PM In reply to

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    YES! :( The other day we were taking a walk around our neighborhood, and we saw a baby sleeping in one-her little head, arms, and legs were just flailing about! She looked so awfully uncomfortable!
    Jesus is in the little bread ~Joey, 34 months
    Heidi, WAHM/SAHM to Joey and Paul
    http://appalachianbaby.com/
    Tri-Cities, TN/VA NINO
    • Post Points: 22
  • 04-29-2006 12:00 AM In reply to

    • melamomma
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 01-26-2006
    • Farmington, MN
    • Posts 144
    • Points 2,026

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    We just got back from vacation at Disney World.  Oh my, it sure does make me cringe now!!!!  Those poor mama's that are arching their back all day long, I could feel my back hurting for them!  And the babies, they were swinging all over.  I can't imagine how overstimulated they must get when facing out in a place like that!  Thank goodness for the Mei Tai and Hot Slings, they made our vacation!
    Stacy :)
    Mom to Garrett-2.23.01- and Chase-9.30.03- and Aiden-3.15.06
    • Post Points: 22
  • 04-29-2006 12:57 AM In reply to

    • drmomof2boys
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2005
    • Mountain View, CA
    • Posts 308
    • Points 4,382

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    LOL, maybe it used to.  But TBH, if they're wearing their baby, and the baby and babywearer looks happy, then hey, at least they're babywearing, right?  The Bjorn was all we used for ds#1 and up until I bought DH a Patapum, it was all DH would use for ds#2, too. 
    Lois

    Ben and Keegan's Mommy
    • Post Points: 5
  • 04-29-2006 1:15 AM In reply to

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    Mom2Jack+one:
    I do cringe a little on the inside. 


    Me too, but at least they're wearing them.
    • Post Points: 22
  • 05-05-2006 1:18 AM In reply to

    • cappy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-05-2006
    • Posts 3
    • Points 66

    Re: Do you cringe inside when you see a front carry in a baby bjorn?

    I'm more likely to cringe when I see them in an enormous stroller, holding their own bottle, staring at people's knees.  My husband also only uses the Bjorn but our daughter is too small to face out yet. 
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)