Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

Let's talk about our new didys.

Last post 09-16-2005, 11:59 PM by karisaf. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (20 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-10-2005, 5:32 PM 4706

    Let's talk about our new didys.

    I want to hear about everyones new didys. What did you get, size and color? What do you think of it? Do you like the fabric? I love my 2 new didys. I have a 6 Paul and got a 6 katja, and a 7 Iris. I love them all. The katja has prefect fall colors. The Iris is a great length for the wiggle back carry.
    Beth
  •  09-10-2005, 5:45 PM 4708 in reply to 4706

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    I got a size 5 indio yellow today and it is line drying as we speak. I was very surprised with the feel of the fabric-- it is much lighter weight than I thought it would be-- which is a plus for me Smile [:)] It also has a middle marker-- which is a great selling point for me -- makes it real user friendly! I was not one of the lucky ones to receive a video BUT hopefully my Jan will come with one and I will be able to see all the other wonderful Didy choices.
  •  09-10-2005, 10:32 PM 4716 in reply to 4708

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    I have didy envy! :) How did you decide which length to get?
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  09-11-2005, 7:58 AM 4719 in reply to 4716

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    I would say you should get a didy long enough to do the fwcc variation. It is a great carry for a newborn and it require a lot of fabric(this is the wrap you have been doing with your moby). The wiggle back carry also require the most amount of fabric and it is my absolute favorite carry right now. So decide which carries you will do and go from there. I also like a shorter wrap for the back carries. The rucksack, bwcc, and tibetan require less fabric and they are easier to do with a shorter wrap. It is just less fabric to deal with. That is why I have so many wraps they are all different lengths. Plus I just love wraps. Once you decide on length you will have to decide fabric.
    Beth
  •  09-11-2005, 11:07 PM 4741 in reply to 4719

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    Ooohhh! I hope my Eva has a middle marker. That would just make my week! My Indio Brun doesn't. Tongue Tied [:S] I wonder how they decide which ones get them? LOL
    SAHM mom to 2 beautiful girls
  •  09-12-2005, 2:39 AM 4748 in reply to 4741

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    I think it is all the newer ones- is the brun a newer one (the last month or 2) ?

    I have decided to get a size 5 Jonas-- I had a size 6 Jan on order- just to do a  Wiggle toddler carry. BUT with surprise extra length on the yellow indio (a 4.9 that is suppose to measure in the 4.2 length Surprise [:O]  I am not complaining, BTW Wink [;)] )

    That will be here some time this week. I am so excited I wanted a jacquard, not sure why I didn't choice Jonas in the first place. I have had my eye on for a while. If I love it I will order a striped Didy. Big Smile [:D]

  •  09-12-2005, 10:26 AM 4755 in reply to 4748

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    Good call with the Jonas. I just put an order in for a 7 Jonas. I really love the colors. I am a blue/green gal. The jaquards are incredibly soft. I also love the pattern on the Jonas. I know it is just like the Paul, but if you like it why not have more than 1.

    Jolynda, what color are you thinking about?

    Beth
  •  09-12-2005, 12:45 PM 4756 in reply to 4755

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    My Eva didn't have any markers at all, just at the end. :(

    Oh and if anyone asks,  feel free to spread the word that I will send people that ordered Didys a DVD for free, I thought they were included, but Hannelore of Didymos said they were not. They cost us about $3 or so, but we plan to include them with every Didymos for free, we just placed an order of 170 DVDs today.

    Okay, back to work!


    Angela
    Mama to Satori (11/04)
  •  09-12-2005, 1:51 PM 4757 in reply to 4756

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    THE EVA, huh?

    How did you ever decide? Sorry about your tags Sad [:(] 170 dvds! Were they surprised by the order? What a great offer-- free DVD! You totally rock (as always)

  •  09-12-2005, 2:30 PM 4758 in reply to 4757

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    Angela,
    That is so nice to include the dvd. I think it will really help people get the most out of their didy. I love the tags to mark the center. I put buttons on my storchs, but it is so nice to have the tag ready to go. The eva must have been an older one. My katja and Iris both have tags.
    Beth
  •  09-12-2005, 3:25 PM 4760 in reply to 4756

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    Angela,

    That is really nice of you to give everyone who ordered a didy a free DVD. That is very cool!

    Terri

    Terri
    Mama to Emma born 1.08.2004
    Attached to Baby Wrap Advisor
  •  09-12-2005, 4:01 PM 4763 in reply to 4760

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    Hmm...my Indio Brun is only a month or two old, but I got it from Children's Needs and I guess it could have been there a while? My Eva doesn't have anything but the didy tag, too.

     

     I LOVE it though! It's so pretty! It feels a lot different than I expected too. Slicker--I guess? It's very nice though. :)


    SAHM mom to 2 beautiful girls
  •  09-12-2005, 7:52 PM 4776 in reply to 4763

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    I got my size 5 Paul and silver waves today. The waves was supposed to be a 4 but I changed my mind at the last minute since I will still be doing a lot of fwcc this fall/winter.

    They are both so gorgeous!

    And I loooove the Paul. Now I know what you were going on about, Beth. :)

    Both these Didys seem so thin and light. I was afraid at first they are too similar but I really love both.

    The DVD is pretty good, too.

    Thanks, Angela!

    Kim
    mama to 2 boys--a peanut and a preschooler
  •  09-12-2005, 11:29 PM 4786 in reply to 4755

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    Beth I am torn between 4 right now!

    I like the Eva, (but it's similar colors to the storch I want) I also like the Silverwaves, Jonas and Jakob.

    The Jakob would be so cute for autumn, I love the pinks of the eva, and the colors and design of the silver wave and Jonas.

    It is SOOO hard to decide.
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  09-13-2005, 8:09 AM 4799 in reply to 4786

    Re: Let's talk about our new didys.

    Jolynda,
    Sounds like you need 2. The strips and the jaquards really do have a different feel to them. IMO the strips are good for back carries. The fabric doesn't slip. The jaquards are so soft and the fabric is thinner. Get a long jaquard (Jakob, Jonas, or waves) and a short eva. You are so skinny a long for you would be a 5 maybe a 6.
    Beth
Page 1 of 2 (20 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML