Attached to Baby - Home

Attached to Baby

Babywearing and natural parenting community
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

boy or girl?

Last post 08-16-2006, 7:43 PM by haakadoodle. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-07-2006, 8:23 PM 18018

    boy or girl?

    Did you find out if you were having a boy or girl?

    We had our ultrasound last week. We are having another boy. So I will have 1 girl and 3 BOYS.

    Just curious is you found out. Did you guess, the gender before the ultrasound?
    Beth
  •  08-07-2006, 8:28 PM 18020 in reply to 18018

    Re: boy or girl?

    BETH!!!

    Congrats! Are you excited about another boy? I was going to guess BOY for you when I saw the subject but I think I am having a boy so maybe I am just BOY crazy!

    We chose not to find out both times. I swore the first time I was having a girl and when they said "It's a BOY!" I thought....hmmm, are they sure? Maybe I should ask. LOL.

    Did you guess the gender before you had the u/s? Did you have a feeling? They say Moms are usually very good at guessing their baby's gender....every mom but me!
    Angie

    Mom to Brady (4.04) and another little bun in the oven EDD 9.14.06

    Attached to Baby Customer Service
  •  08-08-2006, 8:04 AM 18029 in reply to 18020

    Re: boy or girl?

    I guessed right with my middle 2 boys. My dh and dd really wanted a girl so I started thinking about a girl. We had some cute girl names picked out, but captain dangerous was the boy name (my 4 year old's choice). So captain dangerous it is.
    Beth
  •  08-08-2006, 11:29 AM 18033 in reply to 18029

    Re: boy or girl?

    Congrats Beth!  And Angie, I don't know how you stood/stand the wait.  I have given thought to not finding out on the next one, but I don't know that I could take it. Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
    Melissa
    Mom to Emma (2/25/06)
  •  08-08-2006, 1:22 PM 18038 in reply to 18033

    Re: boy or girl?

    It IS hard not knowing but it's fun to guess.  Like if I get really emotional I will tell DH "it must be a girl!" or if I want to eat a lot of meat and proteins I say "gotta feed that baby boy in my belly!"  I think it's also so exciting when the baby comes out and you are waiting to hear what it is.  There are so few surprises left in the world, why not have a few fabulous ones along the way?!?  Big Smile [:D]


    luvbnmommy:
    Congrats Beth!  And Angie, I don't know how you stood/stand the wait.  I have given thought to not finding out on the next one, but I don't know that I could take it. Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

    Angie

    Mom to Brady (4.04) and another little bun in the oven EDD 9.14.06

    Attached to Baby Customer Service
  •  08-09-2006, 10:14 AM 18079 in reply to 18038

    Re: boy or girl?

    Beth,
    Congrats on Captain Dangerous! Smile [:)]

    I found out the sex for both my kids. I was right on with both of them, and my dh was the opposite.

    My dh is the #4 and his mom had 1 girl and 3 boys. I'm also #4, but my mom had 1 boy and 3 girls. Congrats again...

    Blythe
    Mom to Luke & Karli
  •  08-09-2006, 5:11 PM 18093 in reply to 18079

    Re: boy or girl?

    For me it's another boy! Last pregnancy I was 100% sure it was a boy before the US, this time I was not as sure but pretty sure, but based not on "intuition" but on the fact that it was like deja vu, my pregnancy had progressed exactly as the previous one. I would have loved to have a girl (no more babies for me) and in that sense knowing the gender so much in advance has helped me bond better, having had enough time for the reality to settle.

    Diana


    Diana

    Mama to Andrés, born 07/07/04
  •  08-15-2006, 4:04 PM 18235 in reply to 18093

    Re: boy or girl?

    Had our ultrasound today and........it's a girl!  Angel [A]
    I thought it probably was, but wasn't sure like I was last time. With DS, I knew he was a boy, even though we couldn't tell at all by ultrasound. I'm happy though. Now 14mo old DD will have a sister close to her age. And I won't have to buy new clothes all over again! (And I can use my pink and purple slings and wraps too!) Wink [;)]

    Tammy in MO

    Tammy in MO
  •  08-16-2006, 7:43 PM 18275 in reply to 18235

    Re: boy or girl?

    Congrats! That is nice to be able to use the carriers again. I have a very blue collection, with splashes of red here and there. So having a boy will make it cheaper. I have a pink napsack that I do plan on wearing. It is so cute, and after 3 boys mama needs some pink in her life.
    Beth
View as RSS news feed in XML