in

Wipes recipe?????

Last post 04-25-2006, 9:26 AM by Tambola. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-26-2006, 8:58 PM 13857

    Wipes recipe?????

    Any one have a good wipes recipe???
    Blessings~ Heather

    mama to Mikayla (9-7-95), Gus (9-17-98),
    Owen (2-27-02) & Ezekiel (9-14-05)

    married to Allen (7-17-03)
  •  03-27-2006, 3:27 AM 13861 in reply to 13857

    Re: Wipes recipe?????

    Two cups water, squirt of baby shampoo.  That's what I use.  You could add a few drops of TTO or lavendar.  Helps the diaper pail smell better, too.
    Kristin
  •  04-04-2006, 3:31 PM 14188 in reply to 13857

    Re: Wipes recipe?????

    I use bottled water as we keep cases of it at our house. 

    So, I pour off (OK, drink) a little water out of a standard size bottle to make some room.  I add one drop each of lavander essential oil and chamomile essential oil, a very small amount of baby wash (maybe 1/4 tsp), and a generous amount of Burt's Bees Baby Apricot Oil.  I shake it up and pour it over the wipes.

    It smells fantastic and works great! 

  •  04-04-2006, 5:14 PM 14191 in reply to 14188

    Re: Wipes recipe?????

    Oh that sounds like a great one! Do you just use it with cloth wipes then and wash them with your diapers?

     


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  04-04-2006, 9:20 PM 14194 in reply to 14191

    Re: Wipes recipe?????

    Mine is about the same--about 2 cups water, couple tablespoons each of baby shampoo and baby oil, then add a couple drops lavender oil.
  •  04-06-2006, 4:19 AM 14245 in reply to 14191

    Re: Wipes recipe?????

    I wash my wipes with my diapers.  I don't use any oil, though.  Is it okay to wash oily stuff with your CDs?
    Kristin
  •  04-09-2006, 12:09 PM 14413 in reply to 14245

    Re: Wipes recipe?????

    I use oil in the solution and wash my wipes with the dipes. I don't use a ton of solution, though. I mix it up in a spray bottle then either spray wipe or spray butt. I've never really thought about it being a bad idea, but I've never seemed to have any trouble with my diapers.

     

     


    Jame, mama to Jeremiah the Bullfrog, 01/03/05
  •  04-10-2006, 11:33 AM 14488 in reply to 13857

    Re: Wipes recipe?????

    Yeah, I just throw the wipes in the pail and wash them with the diapers.  No problems here.  I don't think that there is enough oil to be an issue.   
  •  04-25-2006, 9:26 AM 15076 in reply to 13857

    • Tambola is not online. Last active: 05-18-2006, 5:16 AM Tambola
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-23-2005
    • Ohio...is it STILL winter?
    • Posts 131
    • Points 2,276

    Re: Wipes recipe?????

    I like to use distilled water and whatever I have on hand; lavender essential oil, a drop of tea tree oil, and a squirt of gentle soap. I like the distilled water because it doesn't get musty smelling if I forget to get the wipes out of the diaper bag.

    :-)




View as RSS news feed in XML