in

CD Jargon and night diapering--help a mama out!

Last post 03-16-2006, 7:44 AM by Serras_sis. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-14-2006, 7:09 PM 13494

    CD Jargon and night diapering--help a mama out!

    I've a few questions here:

    We're slowing going more and more full-time CD.  DS1, who's close to 4 doesn't stay dry most night and he's been in disposibles.  I want to change to cloth for him, I have a cover that might fit him (I so need to make some!), but I'm not sure what to do about stuffing.  A few months ago, we tried doing the nighttime cloth with him, but he complained about his p*nis hurting (would cry).  We had been just doing a single premium CPF at that time.  Could the wetness be the culprit?  Cover too tight?  It's not like anything looked really red.

    So, for stuffing, I've heard the term soakers and doublers.  What is what?  What is better?  Is it all about preference?

    I really need to do something for nighttime and it needs to be cheap (or something I could sew).

    And, what exactly is a "rise" in reference to diaper sizing?

    TIA! 

     


    Kristin
  •  03-15-2006, 8:22 PM 13526 in reply to 13494

    Re: CD Jargon and night diapering--help a mama out!

    nak, sorry for any typos!

    soakers and doublers can be the same thing.. Soakers can also be a wool cover. Doublers are a lay in liner or soaker that boosts absorbancy. The wetness definetly could have been causing the irritation. you can lay in a fleece liner - even in a prefold- and that will help him stay drier. Or you can get some pocket diapers and get some hemp or microfiber inserts and that will give you great absorbancy with minimal bulk.
    A rise is how high it goes up on their belly. When someone asks for the rise measurement its from the bellybutton, down thru their legs and up their back to the place even with their belly button in front. Forming a U shape.
    Get some used wool sweaters and make a cover out of that!
    http://www.bumwrapdiapers.com/pages/pattern.php
    its not as hard as it looks!!
    Here are some other ones that may help!!


    http://www.cutofcloth.com/article_differentsystems.asp
    http://babyslime.livejournal.com/151952.html

    :) steph
    Stephanie
    Mom to Isabella 12-12-05

  •  03-16-2006, 1:57 AM 13532 in reply to 13526

    Re: CD Jargon and night diapering--help a mama out!

    Thanks Steph!  I've been chicken to make the ones out of wool sweaters, too.  I just need to do it!
    Kristin
  •  03-16-2006, 7:44 AM 13536 in reply to 13532

    Re: CD Jargon and night diapering--help a mama out!

    no problemo! I need to get my butt in gear and make some more!
    Stephanie
    Mom to Isabella 12-12-05

View as RSS news feed in XML