in

Curves??

Last post 03-10-2006, 11:59 AM by Mamasaphire. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-10-2006, 9:12 AM 13359

    Curves??

    Anyone else a member of Curves for Women??

    I had a free week trial, and tomorrow is the last day of their food for the hungry promotion (if you take in a bag of groceries they waive the joing fee).  So am going to join! Big Smile [:D]

    I think the 1/2 hr workout program will motivate me to actually exercise... hope so anyway!Wink [;)]

    --Hannah

    Mama to 5 blessings

    dd#1 '96, dd#2 '98, dd#3 '00, ds '02, and dd#4 '05
  •  03-10-2006, 10:49 AM 13364 in reply to 13359

    Re: Curves??

    I used to have a Curves membership but ended up cancelling it because it just never seemed like I could get there enough to make it worth it.  Dh doesn't get home until 5:30 or 6 and if I run out the door to Curves, we were eating dinner when we should have already put the kids down.  I am not an early morning person, so going before he left for work (6am) was not really an option for me.  I felt like the hours of my local Curves were kind of restricted.  But definitely the daycare issue was the biggest problem, so if you can work that out, FABULOUS!!!

    Curves is a great workout.  It is pretty short and it is all about building muscle.  Those muscles are great for playing with kids and being a Mom, plus, they speed up your metabolism!

    Good luck!


    Stacy :)
    Mom to Garrett-2.23.01- and Chase-9.30.03- and Aiden-3.15.06
  •  03-10-2006, 11:59 AM 13368 in reply to 13364

    Re: Curves??

    melamomma wrote:

    I used to have a Curves membership but ended up cancelling it because it just never seemed like I could get there enough to make it worth it.  Dh doesn't get home until 5:30 or 6 and if I run out the door to Curves, we were eating dinner when we should have already put the kids down.  I am not an early morning person, so going before he left for work (6am) was not really an option for me.  I felt like the hours of my local Curves were kind of restricted.  But definitely the daycare issue was the biggest problem, so if you can work that out, FABULOUS!!!

    Curves is a great workout.  It is pretty short and it is all about building muscle.  Those muscles are great for playing with kids and being a Mom, plus, they speed up your metabolism!

    Good luck!



    I HATE the hours too!   We have two locally, one is open 8am-1pm and then 2pm-7pm M-TH and then on Friday 8-1 2-5pm, and Sat 9-11am.  I mean seriously!  If you don't have young kids, or they are in school it might work.Confused [*-)]

    The one I joined opens at 6:15am, and I am not a morning person either, so we'll see how it goes.  If I get up early & run out & be back before dh has to leave for work things will go well.  If not, there is a very small chance he might come home from work in time for me to go in the evening (they still close at 6pm or 7pm).  They are open 9-12 on Sat so if he comes home by like 10:30am I can get there.

    I *hope* I can get it to work because I had to sign a year's contract.Ick! [+o(]

    --Hannah

    Mama to 5 blessings

    dd#1 '96, dd#2 '98, dd#3 '00, ds '02, and dd#4 '05
View as RSS news feed in XML