Attached to Baby - Home

Attached to Baby

Baby Slings and Carriers - Babywearing Community
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Ergo vs. Sutemi vs. Patapum vs. ???

Last post 03-07-2006, 6:56 PM by cshel. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2006, 12:27 AM 13200

    Ergo vs. Sutemi vs. Patapum vs. ???

    Any advice on a comfy, easy-to-use carrier for long walks with a 20+ pound baby -- particularly for back carries?  I'm wondering about the Ergo, Patapum, or Sutemi, or maybe the Baby Trekker or something else that I don't know about yet?  So far, I've mostly been using a pouch or mei tai/ABC and sometimes a ring slip or wrap, but as he gets bigger, I'd like something a little more comfy for long walks and ideally easier to put on than a mei tai.  Any advice?  Also, on the Patapum, what about the regular vs. toddler version?  Thanks for your help!

  •  03-07-2006, 10:57 AM 13222 in reply to 13200

    Re: Ergo vs. Sutemi vs. Patapum vs. ???

    I am working on an article that someone submitted talking about all these carriers, it is not finished, but hopefully it will help you some.

    I have lots of pictures to add to the article, finish the tables and charts, make it look good, and separate it into different pages yet. :)

    http://store.attachedtobaby.com/soft-structured-carriers-review.aspx

     


    Angela
    Mama to Satori (11/04)
  •  03-07-2006, 6:56 PM 13231 in reply to 13222

    Re: Ergo vs. Sutemi vs. Patapum vs. ???

    Thanks so much -- this article was super-helpful!  Last night, I thought I was all set to get the Ergo NG, but your article made me think more about the Patapum Toddler again.  But I'm wondering if it would be OK for my baby.  He's almost 11 months (not 18m as they suggest), but he's quite tall (99th percentile) and is over 20 lbs.  I'd like to get one carrier that will last a long time and not have to get another one later. 

    The Ergo would probably be better for him right now, but I don't really want to get an Ergo now and a Patapum Toddler in 6 months.  I want something that will be very comfortable for back carries (sounds like the PT wins there), but I also want ease of use (and it sounds like the Ergo wins there).  I'm a little worried about the straps on the PT and getting an active toddler into it.  So now I'm back to a toss-up.  I'd love to be able to try both on, but I can't find any place that sells Patapums except online (I'm in Seattle).  Any additional advice?  THANKS!!

View as RSS news feed in XML