Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

My 2 year old went to bed by himself!

Last post 02-13-2006, 8:52 AM by dnield. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-02-2006, 9:36 PM 11326

    My 2 year old went to bed by himself!

    I almost don't want to post about it. I can't believe it, my 2 year old was tired so, I layed him in our bad and he fell asleep. It probably wont happen again. He didn't even want to nurse to sleep, or be rocked. I don't know what to do. So I am on the computer with all my extra time...
    Beth
  •  02-03-2006, 3:32 AM 11334 in reply to 11326

    Re: My 2 year old went to bed by himself!

    Yea!!!!!!!! I know, you feel like you will jinx it if you post it. So, I have to wait TWO YEARS till mine will go to bed by himself? Gulp!
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  02-10-2006, 6:10 PM 11894 in reply to 11326

    Re: My 2 year old went to bed by himself!

    Did he stay asleep all night? I can't wait until DD goes to bed on her own and sleeps all night. She's 17 months and neither has happened yet!
  •  02-11-2006, 3:32 PM 11972 in reply to 11894

    Re: My 2 year old went to bed by himself!

    No it hasn't happened again. It must have been an accident on his part, LOL. My ds is 2 (24 mo.) and he still nurses in the night. Sometimes even 3 times. So I am really thinking about night weaning him. It would mean my dh would have to help and probably not sleep for a few nights. I just keep hoping he will do it on his own.
    Beth
  •  02-13-2006, 8:52 AM 12069 in reply to 11972

    Re: My 2 year old went to bed by himself!

    I night weaned with help of DH (yes, it made for some very tiring nights, but it didn't take all that long.  We did it over a long weekend for starters, which helped).  That did not help with getting DS to go to sleep by himself, though.  It has been a very gradual process.  He still sometimes likes one of us to lie next to him until he falls asleep.  Actually, he probably always wants someone to do this, but some nights he is more insistant about it than others.  We went through a period where we were not going to do this, but made everyone's life miserable, so we went back to doing it.  (This was one of those pick your battles decisions and I decided that I would rather spend an extra 15 minutes with him at bedtime than an extra 45 dealing with a screaming toddler.) The interesting thing is that once we stopped fighting it, he has slowly stopped needing it.  He is 2.5 now and often goes to sleep on his own. 

    Dorothy
View as RSS news feed in XML