Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

Will she nurse 'til she's 12?

Last post 02-14-2006, 2:34 AM by Chmmr. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-30-2006, 1:59 PM 11030

    Will she nurse 'til she's 12?

    Seriously though, DD is a boob addict. I'd like to wean at least a little. DD nurses around the clock every day. If we are out and about all day it's easy not to nurse her but if we are at home which we are most of the time she will constantly sign to nurse. I have been giving her food or water when she first asks but after she's done she usually still wants to nurse. Usually she wants to nurse to sleep but not always.

    Anway, I'd like my boobs back in the near future. My goal was 18-months of nursing and DD is now 17-months.

    Does anyone have any suggestions? I do not want to force her just maybe a gentle nudge.

     

    Thanks!

     

    Kristen

  •  01-31-2006, 8:39 AM 11102 in reply to 11030

    Re: Will she nurse 'til she's 12?

    Kristen

    That was my cut off date-- 18 months (which I thought was a long time and 3 months longer than I nursed my girls) NOW DS is 2 months shy of 2 and still nursing alot! I bought the book mothering your nursing toddler you may wanna see if your library has a copy (ours did not) it has good advice if you want to wean.

    Good luck!

     

     

  •  01-31-2006, 1:48 PM 11145 in reply to 11102

    Re: Will she nurse 'til she's 12?

    I definitely second the book above-I'm reading it now. I also have a 14 mos old that nurses constantly. I think you're doing what you can do for now-offer food and drinks and nurse as needed. But you'd be surprised at how fast they can change their habits! I thought my 2 yr old would nurse forever and she went from 5x a day to weaned in just a few weeks-at her own doing. I was shocked but I've heard that alot from others- that they just seem to decide overnight when to slow down.....

    Hang in there :)

    Ann


    Ann, Full-time mama of 2 crazy kids and a sling'n toddler
  •  02-14-2006, 12:34 AM 12132 in reply to 11030

    Re: Will she nurse 'til she's 12?

    I read in a LLL magazine or something like that once about a mama who helped her 2yo reduce nursing by planning REALLY full days.. interacting with her in lots of different ways like games, etc., all day long. LOTS of attention but not necessarily nursing was the point, I think. Not trying to say you don't interact, I just thought it was an interesting article and wanted to mention it :)

    Carrie
    Nathan's Mama, 10/22/04
  •  02-14-2006, 2:34 AM 12148 in reply to 12132

    Re: Will she nurse 'til she's 12?

    Ohhhh gonna go look for that book tomorrow too!! Thanks for the idea.  DS is almost 15 months and we are trying to wean (see weaning thread :D  )

    Good luck!


    SAHM to Max and Zachary

    Weight Loss: 10 /21 pounds (first 10 %)
    Total of goal: 10/100-only 90 to go :D
View as RSS news feed in XML