Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

Question on Baby Signing Times vs Regular Signing Times

Last post 01-30-2006, 3:42 PM by eaganbeautyadvisor. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-29-2006, 4:43 PM 10951

    Question on Baby Signing Times vs Regular Signing Times

    Just a couple of questions...

    1) My son is 5 months. Can I just get the reg signing times or is it *really* for ages 1-8?

    2) Is Baby signing times to music and the other series not?

    3) Does anyone have a preference over either series?

    4) Do they go together or in other words...do the signs match between the series?

    I guess the reason I'm wondering is because the Reg Signing Times has more words I'd like to teach Logan and the baby one has less. Thanks!

    (And seriously, Angela and David, I don't think there is anything you have added to your site that I haven't seen and had to have LOL!!!!!!!!! Big Smile [:D])


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  01-29-2006, 8:36 PM 10973 in reply to 10951

    Re: Question on Baby Signing Times vs Regular Signing Times

    Ann,

    This is Angela btw. I'm stuck in Wisconsin in a little snow storm.

    We just got these DVDs and we LOVE the Baby Signing Times. It is to very catchy music and is very well done. After that we watched the regular Signing time videos and they didn't seem as professionally done and not as catchy music. But they are all very helpful and Satori has already added a few words to her signing vocabulary!

    I suggest starting with the Baby Signing package. I love the songs! The other one (regular Signing Time) isn't so much in songs, although I have only seen Volume 1 so far. :) The other one I think is also okay for babies younger than 1 year, I don't see why they say 1-8 years.

  •  01-30-2006, 2:31 AM 10991 in reply to 10951

    Re: Question on Baby Signing Times vs Regular Signing Times

    Have you checked your library to try them out? That's what I did. I really love the regulat set-I saw set 1-3 to get an idea of them but bought set 4-6 since it had more signs I wanted. There are still lots of songs (which I know by heart Embarrassed [:$] ) in these.

    But I still got the Baby Signing times too for 2 reasons-my son likes to LOOK at the babies that are his age (he was 11 mos when I bought it) more than the older kids so it holds his interest better (though this is only about 10 min since he doesn't watch tv) and the signs are done by babies/toddlers that do them in the way my son would-kind of modified for his ability KWIM? I think this is helpful for parents to know what they can do too.

    So anyway-I like em both!

     


    Ann, Full-time mama of 2 crazy kids and a sling'n toddler
  •  01-30-2006, 3:42 PM 11041 in reply to 10991

    Re: Question on Baby Signing Times vs Regular Signing Times

    I did check the Dakota county library system and no, they don't have them. I guess I'd rather buy them new anyway so I can keep them...Indifferent [:|] Thanks, though!
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
View as RSS news feed in XML