Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

Tell me about your didy, waves.

Last post 02-02-2006, 11:25 AM by polihaupt. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-28-2006, 10:02 PM 10877

    Tell me about your didy, waves.

    I keep thinking about the waves. I don't have one in that category. I don't know if I am just caught up in the purple hipe, or what?

    So why do you like your wave.
    How does it compare to the other didys.
    Thanks,
    Beth
  •  01-28-2006, 11:17 PM 10891 in reply to 10877

    Re: Tell me about your didy, waves.

    I don't have a purple one, but I looooove my silver waves! I originally ordered a Jakob and the Silver Waves in the fall, and the Jakob has since moved on. I can't let go of my waves though. I think it's just beautiful.

    Parts of it are a bit rougher than the Jakob was, but the densest areas are softer. It's getting softer with use though. The rough areas don't bother me at all, plus I can tell they're going away. It's less rough than just textured, actually.

    I am looking forward to summer actually as it's quite light and I hope I can wear it all summer long! Mostly, though, I just love how it looks!

    Carrie
    Mama to Rocket Boy, 10/22/04
  •  01-29-2006, 12:48 PM 10925 in reply to 10891

    Re: Tell me about your didy, waves.

    More grippy and thin/light seeming than my striped Didy... I like it a lot.  Textured and getting softer with use (I've been trying to use it a lot) and sort of reminds me of a new Ellaroo that way.

    The "rough" feeling parts are the areas where the threads on top are running orthogonal to the direction that your hand would be petting it, and one thread crosses multiple threads.  So you feel |||||||| roughness instead of ======= or ++++++ smoothness.  (Does that make any sense? doubtful.)

    I have silver and people say the first round of purple waves were thicker than other wave colors (I think?).. but I think in high summer I may be wearing GM gauze anyway so I wouldn't let that stop me if I loved the look of purple waves.
  •  01-29-2006, 6:23 PM 10961 in reply to 10925

    Re: Tell me about your didy, waves.

    I have the red waves, and this also reminds me of my EllaRoo! It has no fringes of course! It is very light, and much coarser than say Katja, which was super soft immediately. I am feeling that some of the waves are already velvety, whereas others are coarse still.

    Itis light, so easy to tie!

    do I lvoe it - YES!!!


    Mamma to the two most beautiful carriable Norwegain boys in the world!
  •  01-30-2006, 9:16 AM 11002 in reply to 10961

    Re: Tell me about your didy, waves.

    I most love my silver waves because I think it's gorgeous. Certainly it's not my softest wrap... but it is probably, IMO, the prettiest. And it is wonderfully grippy and light.




    Christy, Leo's Mom
  •  02-02-2006, 11:25 AM 11294 in reply to 11002

    Re: Tell me about your didy, waves.

    I had a 7 Red Waves which I returned because was too long -- then I got a 4 which I sold because it was too short....

    It is REALLY pretty and special and feels wonderful: airy, grippy and cushy - does GREAT back carries!

    As soon as I see a size 6 Red Waves, I am jumping on it! Big Smile [:D]

    Poliana
    SAHM to 4 wonderful kidos
View as RSS news feed in XML