Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

Long baby

Last post 01-26-2006, 9:06 PM by Serras_sis. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-25-2006, 8:28 PM 10600

    Long baby

    So today we were able to nurse in the sling- but she seems SO long, and just is squished in there when she is on her side. Anyone else have this problem? What sort of sling did you end up using?
    When she was born she was 21.5 inches long. I don't know if she has gotten longer ( I am sure she has..) but any more and we will really have problems with the sling!
    Stephanie

    Mom to Isabella 12-12-05

    Image hosting by Photobucket
  •  01-25-2006, 9:49 PM 10617 in reply to 10600

    Re: Long baby

    Do you have a pouch or RS?  I don't have any experience with nursing and pouches.  I did use a RS with DS2, who was about 3 months when I discovered BW'ing.  At that time, I just stuck his legs out the side.  Come to think about it, baby's legs do wrap around your body instead of sticking straight out.  Can't see why you couldn't do this in a pouch.  Does DD complain?  If she doesn't, chances are she likes being squished (as do most NB babies)!  FWIW, I didn't nurse in any type of sling the majority of the time.  I usually just held him.

    HTH


    Kristin
  •  01-26-2006, 9:44 AM 10644 in reply to 10617

    Re: Long baby

    Oh! Sorry- its a RS. She just seems to complain a bit more when she is on her side and kick a lot. Maybe its just that she hates to lie down, and wants to see out?? We are just beginning this, and everytime she seems to like it more.. so we will keep trying.
    Stephanie

    Mom to Isabella 12-12-05

    Image hosting by Photobucket
  •  01-26-2006, 5:02 PM 10674 in reply to 10644

    Re: Long baby

    Have you tried to nurse in a t2t position instead of a cradle? That is how my dd liked to nurse(well still does).

    You may find you really like a MT to nurse in, esp if she likes to be up and down.


    HTH!
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  01-26-2006, 7:18 PM 10687 in reply to 10674

    Re: Long baby

    I agree with JoLynda:  tummy to tummy might be better.  My DS has always been very long as well (21.5 inches at birth and off the growth charts height-wise at 2 and 4 months old).  He's never liked the cradle position, even as a newborn he wanted to be vertical.

    Crystal, mama to Nicholas 04/05
  •  01-26-2006, 9:06 PM 10704 in reply to 10687

    Re: Long baby

    Ok, we will try that tomorrow! :)
    Stephanie

    Mom to Isabella 12-12-05

    Image hosting by Photobucket
View as RSS news feed in XML