Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

Would this be possible???

Last post 02-24-2006, 8:29 PM by blessedw/4. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-18-2006, 8:07 PM 9768

    Would this be possible???

    I work out at the YMCA about 3 times a week. My children go to kids stuff while I work out. They are there usually for less than 1 hour. I would say 90% of the time they come to get me to change #3 diaper. They don't change diaper in kid stuff so if you child poops they come and let you know so you can change them. It doesn't matter what time of the day, Haak poop almost every time. Could he actually make himself poop knowing they will come and get me? If it were the same time everyday, I would understand, but a.m. or p.m. it doesn't matter.
    Beth
  •  01-19-2006, 9:13 AM 9819 in reply to 9768

    Re: Would this be possible???

    I suppose he could be!  He sounds like a smart little cookie!
    Jess
    Mom to Jack & Quinn

    Indy Babywearers--contact me for more info!
  •  01-19-2006, 11:58 AM 9844 in reply to 9768

    Re: Would this be possible???

    I'd bet good money he has learned that kidstuff plus poop equals mommy! 

    Some kids are regular--poop at the same time every day.  Other kids poop willy nilly.  He sounds like a willy nilly to me, and he has found a convenient way to take advantage of that!

    Do you leave again after you change him?  Or does he get you for the rest of the day?

    Maybe you could coach him before you go, tell him that if mommy gets to exercise without changing a diaper, he gets to do a favorite activity when you pick him up (bubbles, a favorite song, etc.)  I know it sounds like a stretch, but when my dd was 2, I would tell her at night to sleep through the night and she would!  If I forgot to tell her, she was up at night.  So they are capable of a lot of things we don't know about!  (obviously, in Haakan's case).

    He misses you!  At least there's that...

  •  01-19-2006, 3:09 PM 9865 in reply to 9844

    Re: Would this be possible???

    It is usually about 20 minutes into my workout. So in 5 minutes I would be done with the cross trainer. I usually just forget the rest of my workout. If I do go back and finish, they say he is sad and wants to be held.
    I guess I should just start finishing my workout. As long as he is not crying, I am OK with him being held by one of the staff.
    Beth
  •  01-21-2006, 8:38 PM 10063 in reply to 9865

    Re: Would this be possible???

    Sure.  Finish!  A little poop never killed anyone.

    Or, (I can't belive I'm actually suggesting this) have a friend go and change him. That way you can work out, he can be changed, and he'll go back to kidstuff happily.  If he really has been doing it on purpose, I bet that would make him stop.

  •  01-21-2006, 9:53 PM 10080 in reply to 10063

    Re: Would this be possible???

    DS poops almost everytime we go somewhere!  I've determined that it's payback for putting him in the carseat, which he hates.  He used to do it as soon as I stopped the car, so I'd be sure and hear him (at least that's what I thought).

    He dislikes being changed, but maybe dislikes the carseat more...


    Crystal, mama to Nicholas 04/05
  •  02-24-2006, 8:29 PM 12791 in reply to 9768

    Re: Would this be possible???

    I'm laughing so hard .... our #3 does this at church ... every single service, be it morning or evening service, no matter if its our church or grandmas or wherever .... and he does always have to go .... I'd call it a ploy to get up and walk around but he always goes.  This started several years ago in diapers, but continued even once potty trained.  Amazing little guys, aren't they?

    Heather


    Blessings~ Heather

    mama to Mikayla (9-7-95), Gus (9-17-98),
    Owen (2-27-02) & Ezekiel (9-14-05)

    married to Allen (7-17-03)
View as RSS news feed in XML