in

Attached to Baby

Baby Sling, Babywearing Shop and Community

The July ATB Didy of the Month is Red Elipsen

Last post 07-31-2006 2:17 PM by angela. 24 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-27-2006 10:25 PM

    The July ATB Didy of the Month is Red Elipsen

    It's almost July and that means it is time for another Didymos.

    Here are the clues:

    1. Listen to Dandelin

    2.  #FF0000

    Solution:

    There is a theorem called Dandelin's theorem that is used to derive the formula for an Elipse.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandelin_spheres

    #FF0000 is the color code for Red

    http://www.kbapps.com/color.html

    David

    ATB Stock Boy

    • Post Points: 137
  • 06-27-2006 10:30 PM In reply to

    • emsstacey
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 05-02-2005
    • Kentucky
    • Posts 714
    • Points 2,773

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    This made me so happy to see this posted. I love the puzzles. :) Yay!

     

    I think I know, too.

    SAHM mom to 2 beautiful girls

    Attached to Baby Customer Service
    • Post Points: 5
  • 06-28-2006 10:13 AM In reply to

    • gt97grad
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2005
    • Posts 50
    • Points 801

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    Hmmm. . . . I have an idea.

    Thanks for posting the puzzle.
    • Post Points: 22
  • 06-28-2006 3:46 PM In reply to

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    I'm not sure if this puzzle is a stumper or not - we'll have to see...
    • Post Points: 39
  • 06-28-2006 6:52 PM In reply to

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    I've got it! I think this is the first one I've figured out without DH's help.
    • Post Points: 5
  • 06-28-2006 6:54 PM In reply to

    • emily0605
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-28-2006
    • Posts 2
    • Points 44

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    Hi!  I'm new to this.  How do I find out if my guess is correct?

    Emily

    • Post Points: 22
  • 06-28-2006 8:20 PM In reply to

    • gt97grad
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2005
    • Posts 50
    • Points 801

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    Ok.  Now I'm pretty sure I got it.  I just learned something new today.
    • Post Points: 5
  • 06-29-2006 8:07 AM In reply to

    • jecmama
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2005
    • Posts 22
    • Points 297

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    emily0605:

    Hi!  I'm new to this.  How do I find out if my guess is correct?

    Emily

    We wait until July and the DOTM is announced :).

    Serenity
    SAHM to three Army Brats
    Jack 7, Ellen 5, Claire 2 (and #4 EDD 10 Mar)
    • Post Points: 22
  • 06-29-2006 11:30 AM In reply to

    • emily0605
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-28-2006
    • Posts 2
    • Points 44

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    jecmama:
    emily0605:

    Hi!  I'm new to this.  How do I find out if my guess is correct?

    Emily

    We wait until July and the DOTM is announced :).

    ACK!  More of that waiting stuff.  So, not only is wearing my baby good for him, it's helping me have patience, too!  LOL

    • Post Points: 22
  • 06-29-2006 1:22 PM In reply to

    • kofduke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-09-2006
    • Posts 3
    • Points 49

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    I think I finally figured one out...and it's the didy I've been wanting Cool [H]
    • Post Points: 22
  • 06-29-2006 1:44 PM In reply to

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    Oooh I think I know!!!!  My first guess!  June was my first attempt and I didn't even get far enough with the clues to even MAKE a guess, so this is very excitingParty!!! [<:o)]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Momma to Allison, 1/23/05
    • Post Points: 5
  • 06-29-2006 3:52 PM In reply to

    • catlady
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-29-2006
    • Posts 11
    • Points 208

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    Well, I have it narrowed down to two.  I had no clue last month so this is huge progress if I am actually right about one of them. 
    Joanna
    Mama to Sarah (06/16/05)
    • Post Points: 22
  • 06-29-2006 9:43 PM In reply to

    • tikidoc
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2005
    • Posts 19
    • Points 520

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    Got it!  But I like 000000 better!
    • Post Points: 39
  • 06-30-2006 7:28 AM In reply to

    • ahetzler
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 12-28-2005
    • Florida
    • Posts 270
    • Points 2,569

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    Holy cow!  I think I know!!!!  Big Smile [:D]
    Angie
    mom to Taylor (1/95), Alex (7/05) & #3 EDD 8/07
    • Post Points: 5
  • 06-30-2006 10:16 AM In reply to

    • catlady
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-29-2006
    • Posts 11
    • Points 208

    Re: The July ATB Didy of the Month is...

    I got it!  But they don't have the size I wantCrying [:'(].
    Joanna
    Mama to Sarah (06/16/05)
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
© 2005-2007 Attached to Baby, Inc.
Powered by Community Server (Non-Commercial Edition), by Telligent Systems