Christina~
Just wanted to tell you that holding off is probably a smart choice ... gather all the info you need to make the best choice for your family. Our oldest dd is fully vaccinated, I never really felt the need to check into stuff then. And she has been just fine, healthy, never a reaction. But with our ds#2 I just felt so uneasy ... we started out on schedule but then he spiked high fevers and got this rash of welts ... poor little guy. So we slowed down to just one vaccine every 6 months (recommended by our Dr.) because of this we did decide to not get certain vaccines at all... Hib, Heb B, and chicken pox. His polio and Dtap and MMR we have continued that way. Then ds#3 came along all was fine on the "one at a time" idea until he turned 3 and we got another Dtap .... sever allergic reaction ... luckily it stayed fairly localized to his leg, but his whole thigh swelled up to 3 times the size of the other one, to the point that his skin was spliting. Ouch! So his Dr. now recommends we stop vaccinating him. Our baby #4 is only 7 mos. old, and still trying to decide what we'll do with him, but I'm leaning towards just Dtap and polio when he is a bit older, like maybe two!
If you are uneasy at all, I've learned you need to listen to your mothering instincts. And then gather your information! Ahhhh.... parenting .... full of joys, right?