in

Attached to Baby

Baby Sling, Babywearing Shop and Community

Anyone ever heard of caffine being bad for TTC?

Last post 04-23-2006 8:21 PM by silobennett. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2006 8:13 AM

    Anyone ever heard of caffine being bad for TTC?

    When I was trying to conceive Logan, my doc said to eliminate all caffine because it was bad for ovulation. Now I want another one, but I just can't seem to quit. I know all that Diet Coke has got to be bad for you and I did give it up when I was pregnant, but I just can't seem to quit it now. I need the caffine more now that I have to get up with a baby at 5 am. Is there something else I can do to wake up without using caffine? Or is it not really that bad?Coffee [C]

    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
    • Post Points: 39
  • 04-18-2006 5:50 PM In reply to

    • Cicismom
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-12-2006
    • Minnesota
    • Posts 15
    • Points 245

    Re: Anyone ever heard of caffine being bad for TTC?

    I was just worrying about what my diet coke habit (2 per day) because I am breastfeeding.  I'm worried about the Nutrasweet too.    I wish I could quit! Embarrassed [:$] 
    Christina
    Mom to Cici 3/3/06
    and to the Standard Poodle Lilly
    • Post Points: 22
  • 04-19-2006 9:35 AM In reply to

    Re: Anyone ever heard of caffine being bad for TTC?

    I would worry more about the sachrin (nutrasweet) in Diet sodas over caffine. It is a chemical that is harsher then caffine in many ways. It has been found to cause cancer in Labatory animals......

    If you are only having 1 can a day I wouldn't worry about caffine too much, in moderation caffine is okay. Can you switch to more natural pick me ups if you are only using it as a boost? A cold glass of a citrus juice? Or maybe a piece of choclate? (although that has some caffine as well.)

    If its a craving, I was a regular coca cola addict. I found that switching to caffine free during pregnancy  I could trick myself into thinking it was a boost. (well with all the sugar it probably is!)
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
    • Post Points: 22
  • 04-19-2006 8:32 PM In reply to

    Re: Anyone ever heard of caffine being bad for TTC?

    Yes my dr. said nutrasweet is worse then caffine. It was actually on the avoid list when I was pregnant with Haakon. It was right there with, raw fish, soft cheeses, nitrates (hot dogs), and stuff like that. I weaned myself off of caffine during pregnancy like JoLynda by switching to caffine free regular coke.

    It is so hard, I love the bubbles, the taste, and no calories.
    Beth
    • Post Points: 22
  • 04-20-2006 3:54 PM In reply to

    • Cicismom
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-12-2006
    • Minnesota
    • Posts 15
    • Points 245

    Re: Anyone ever heard of caffine being bad for TTC?

    Oh I wish it had been on the avoid list during my pregnancy.  I was very good about not having anything on the avoid list.  My doctor said in moderation it was okay.  This morning I tried to drink a regular Coke instead and I just didn't like it.  Ick! [+o(]


    Christina
    Mom to Cici 3/3/06
    and to the Standard Poodle Lilly
    • Post Points: 5
  • 04-21-2006 11:25 AM In reply to

    Re: Anyone ever heard of caffine being bad for TTC?

    Here's some info from march of dimes:
    http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/681_1148.asp

    I've heard that one cup of coffee/tea/cola is ok, but large amounts **might** be harmful. The march of dimes article seems to say 5 cups of coffee is where it becomes too much.


    • Post Points: 22
  • 04-23-2006 8:21 PM In reply to

    Re: Anyone ever heard of caffine being bad for TTC?

    I had to do IVF for ds. There was an ENORMOUS list of no-no's, among them were caffeine, artificial sweeteners, and alcohol for THREE MONTHS before we could even try.  That included dh as well.
    aka dknees :)
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
© 2005-2007 Attached to Baby, Inc.