Attached to Baby

Baby Sling, Babywearing Shop and Community
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

At what age does eye color change?

Last post 05-04-2006 10:27 PM by jenn_mommy. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-20-2006 6:37 AM

    At what age does eye color change?

    Okay, my son is almost 6 months and his eyes are really light blue. Will they stay or can they still change. At birth they were kind of a dark blue. Some people and books say around 6 months others a year. I've got dark brown eyes so I'd be suprised if they don't change. My dh has green. Any thoughts?Wink [;)]
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
    • Post Points: 39
  • 02-20-2006 8:54 AM In reply to

    • ahetzler
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 12-28-2005
    • Florida
    • Posts 246
    • Points 2,549

    Re: At what age does eye color change?

    I thought that by 6 months they should be the permanent color.  I kept hoping my DS would get my blue eyes.  Now the are the same shade as hubbys hazels.

    Angie
    mom to Taylor (1/95), Alex (7/05) & #3 EDD 8/07
    • Post Points: 22
  • 02-24-2006 10:45 AM In reply to

    • Dynia
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 12-18-2005
    • NH
    • Posts 9
    • Points 96

    Re: At what age does eye color change?

    I've heard it can take up to 2 years. My DD's kinda look like hubby's hazel eyes but some days they look grey. I'm thinking that they will change to more brown like mine but we will see.

    My sister's eyes were bright blue as a kid but changed to more of a green color when she was in her 20s. I had no idea they could change that late.

    ~Jessica~

    Mom to Shae 7/05
    • Post Points: 22
  • 03-01-2006 6:24 PM In reply to

    Re: At what age does eye color change?

    My dd eye changed around 6 months to the color they are today (she's 7). At birth we thought they were dark blue. In certain light they really look different. Blue and brown are really different colors but in certain light they would change. We stopped wondering at 6 months when in all light they were brown. Babies are so interesting.
    Beth
    • Post Points: 22
  • 03-01-2006 7:42 PM In reply to

    • melamomma
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 01-26-2006
    • Farmington, MN
    • Posts 144
    • Points 2,026

    Re: At what age does eye color change?

    I keep hoping that one of my kids will get one of my genes!!!  My second son took over a year for his eyes to really decide that they weren't going to be blue.  I don't know what the "normal" is, but I thought this was really a long time!  Guess I won't count on anything with this one for a while!

     

    Stacy :)
    Mom to Garrett-2.23.01- and Chase-9.30.03- and Aiden-3.15.06
    • Post Points: 22
  • 04-04-2006 7:29 AM In reply to

    Re: At what age does eye color change?

    Now he is over seven months and they are still really really light blue. It's so fascinating to watch. Better than watching grass grow anyhow! Isn't funny how you just could stare at the little details like eye color or hair growing on their little noggins like it was the most interesting thing in the world?

    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
    • Post Points: 5
  • 04-18-2006 10:43 PM In reply to

    • dnield
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 01-16-2006
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 157
    • Points 1,819

    Re: At what age does eye color change?

    I keep studying DDs eye looking for signs that they are changing.  I have blue eyes and DH has brown.  DS's were dark brown within a couple of months, but DD's are still blue at almost 7 months.  I have to admit that I would love it if she had blue eyes.  My MIL made such a big deal about DS having brown eyes (I got the feeling she was happy to see so little of me in him, their first grandson) that I want some representation.  :)
    Dorothy
    • Post Points: 22
  • 04-19-2006 10:12 PM In reply to

    • melamomma
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 01-26-2006
    • Farmington, MN
    • Posts 144
    • Points 2,026

    Re: At what age does eye color change?

    Well, now I have another pair of eyes to watch and ponder.  I hope they stay blue!!!  They are such a pretty color right now.

    I will keep you posted!

    Stacy :)
    Mom to Garrett-2.23.01- and Chase-9.30.03- and Aiden-3.15.06
    • Post Points: 5
  • 05-04-2006 10:27 PM In reply to

    • jenn_mommy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-24-2006
    • Oklahoma
    • Posts 4
    • Points 54

    Re: At what age does eye color change?

    We also can't figure out what ds#3's eyes will do our oldest is brown #2 is light blue and Kyle's still have that newborn grey...looking kind of blue. Dh is blue mine brown who knows!
    Jennifer
    Mama to 3 little boys!
    Jared 6/01, Dylan 2/04 & Kyle 11/05
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)