in

Attached to Baby

Baby Sling, Babywearing Shop and Community

Easycare v. Didymos

Last post 02-02-2006 11:27 AM by polihaupt. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2006 3:31 PM

    • Rachelh
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-12-2005
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 274
    • Points 3,551

    Easycare v. Didymos

    I hear rumors the Easycares are softer than Didymos - does anyone have both? I am so curious about them! Also, do the Easycares all come with a bag as well? Or is that just Karisaf's pictures?
    Mamma to the two most beautiful carriable Norwegain boys in the world!
    • Post Points: 22
  • 01-23-2006 3:39 PM In reply to

    • drmomof2boys
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2005
    • Mountain View, CA
    • Posts 308
    • Points 4,372

    Re: Easycare v. Didymos

    Hmmm... I briefly owned an Easycare (I only sold it b/c the color/pattern wasn't "me") and I liked it a lot.  It was very soft and silky.  Out of the bag it was actually slippery and ds would be slippin' around in the carry.  I washed it once and it stayed soft and silky, but wasn't as slippy.  I heard that 2 washes was the magical number.  EZs are thinner than Didys.  Softer?  Out of the bag, but I didn't have one long enough to really comment.  They do all come w/ the matching bag (SO CUTE!)- unless you get one used and the seller doesn't have one.
    Lois

    Ben and Keegan's Mommy
    • Post Points: 22
  • 01-24-2006 9:56 AM In reply to

    • lilsprstr
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-17-2005
    • Arizona
    • Posts 194
    • Points 2,370

    Re: Easycare v. Didymos

    I don't have a Didy, but I just got an Easycare (my first woven) and I love it! I love the bag too! I got a #12.
    Blythe
    Mom to Luke & Karli
    • Post Points: 39
  • 01-24-2006 11:37 AM In reply to

    • mari
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-05-2005
    • Posts 357
    • Points 3,568

    Re: Easycare v. Didymos

    I had an easycare for a few weeks (I am terrible with my wraps, if I am not loving them off they go to FSOT). Mine was not new, it had been used a lot. It was soft and thin and was pretty light feeling when worn...I REALLY liked wrapping with it and didn't find it slick at all. It didn't seem like it got "cushy' though like a really broken in didy. I sold mine because I wasn't crazy about the colors, but I would probably try one again if the colors grabbed me.
    Mari

    Proud mama to Liam and Chloe
    • Post Points: 22
  • 01-24-2006 2:40 PM In reply to

    • Rachelh
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-12-2005
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 274
    • Points 3,551

    Re: Easycare v. Didymos

    I am struggling with the colors as well... none are really speaking to me yet, so I dont know if I think it is worth it unless they are SO amazingly comfortable I NEED one...
    Mamma to the two most beautiful carriable Norwegain boys in the world!
    • Post Points: 5
  • 01-24-2006 9:38 PM In reply to

    Re: Easycare v. Didymos

    The easycare have such neat colors! But I think a didy just feels so much better!

    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
    • Post Points: 22
  • 01-25-2006 4:10 PM In reply to

    • polihaupt
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-11-2005
    • Essex, England
    • Posts 144
    • Points 2,171

    Re: Easycare v. Didymos

    Different Didy weaves feel different -- so you can't really compare Easycares to every single Didy. Each Didy weave (and sometimes even different colors of the same weave) feel very unique.

    I have both and I think that a used Easy has very similar feel to a Jacquard Didymos: very thin and with a flannely feel. A brand new Easy feels different: more silky and less cushy.

    I think Easycares are GREAT wraps and really like mine. But my heart still belongs to Didymos because of the variety of colors/patterns and the beauty of the weave.
    Poliana
    SAHM to 4 wonderful kidos
    • Post Points: 22
  • 01-25-2006 7:38 PM In reply to

    • cooper
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 03-25-2005
    • MD
    • Posts 434
    • Points 4,633

    Re: Easycare v. Didymos

    I think an Easycare can be compared to a Jacquard Didy-- both are soft and snuggly.  The striped Didys are not as soft as either the Easy or the Jacquard-- over time and wear they will be though :) You just gotta work a stripe.
    • Post Points: 22
  • 01-26-2006 3:17 AM In reply to

    • Rachelh
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-12-2005
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 274
    • Points 3,551

    Re: Easycare v. Didymos

    I have the waves, and I dont really find it very soft, that was why I kind of wanted a softer wrap... I have Vicky storch also, and I dont think that is so soft either - both are kind of hard, actually. We are now sleeping with the waves to maybe soften it more (and of course, we USE it!)...



    Mamma to the two most beautiful carriable Norwegain boys in the world!
    • Post Points: 22
  • 02-02-2006 11:27 AM In reply to

    • polihaupt
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-11-2005
    • Essex, England
    • Posts 144
    • Points 2,171

    Re: Easycare v. Didymos

    Rachelh wrote:
    I have the waves, and I dont really find it very soft, that was why I kind of wanted a softer wrap... I have Vicky storch also, and I dont think that is so soft either - both are kind of hard, actually. We are now sleeping with the waves to maybe soften it more (and of course, we USE it!)...


    Have you considered buying a Jacquard Didymos?? Danca has a GORGEOUS Laura (DK 600 ) instock right now. I LURVE my Laura -- sooooo soft and stunning!!



     
    Poliana
    SAHM to 4 wonderful kidos
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
© 2005-2007 Attached to Baby, Inc.
Powered by Community Server (Non-Commercial Edition), by Telligent Systems