Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

How gutsy are you?

Last post 01-30-2006, 8:58 PM by lilsprstr. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-28-2006, 9:21 PM 10865 in reply to 10155

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    ITA.  My biggest pet peave is people telling me I have my hands full, it implies I am doing something wrong.  I just would never be one of those people. 

    However, my little sister who has no children is an active BW advocate.  She works in my aunt's boutique on weekends and anyone who comes in clunking around the small shop with a bucket, she informs they need a baby slingSurprise [:O]  I am sure they want to kill her!  LOL!!!!!


    Meg

    Shop At Home Mom to
    Nicholas (10/12/00)
    Lexi (5/3/02)
    my sweet baby Luke (8/1/05)
  •  01-29-2006, 5:17 AM 10905 in reply to 10865

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    Call me obnoxious, but I pass out cards left and right.  I usually give to moms struggling with a baby and trying to get something done, or to moms with babies and toddlers/preschoolers.  I try not to come off condescending.  I say something like, "I know how hard it is with babies (babies and toddlers--I have two blahblahblah...), having a carrier really helped me so much.  Check out X-site (usually the informational, not retail) and NINO.  It's purely an informational website."  That way they don't think I'm pushing to get a commission or something (not that it's bad, just not my style).  And I really do want to spread the word since no one told me about it!

    I've never come across many moms using anything else besides a Bjorn, but I'd totally tell them about NINO if I did.


    Kristin
  •  01-29-2006, 4:22 PM 10949 in reply to 10905

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    Not gutsy at all. no, take that back... I've got guts... it takes guts to wrap in the grocery store parking lot!

    But in terms of your question, I'd never approach anyone and start talking slings... but I wouldn't start talking anything else, either. I'm an introvert through and through.


    Christy, Leo's Mom
  •  01-30-2006, 8:58 PM 11075 in reply to 10949

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    I'm not very gutsy. I'm happy to gush about babywearing to those who ask, but otherwise - Zip it! [:#]
    Blythe
    Mom to Luke & Karli
Page 2 of 2 (19 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML