Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

How gutsy are you?

Last post 01-30-2006, 8:58 PM by lilsprstr. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-22-2006, 2:09 PM 10130

    How gutsy are you?

    Will you just walk up to someone and say "here's a website for (insert sling name here), this will really help you"? 

    Or do you just wait for them to ask you?


    Jess
    Mom to Jack & Quinn

    Indy Babywearers--contact me for more info!
  •  01-22-2006, 4:37 PM 10142 in reply to 10130

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    I guess I am not that gutsy.  I usually wait for someone to approach me.  I think I may have told someone about this carrier or that carrier if they looked like they were really struggling but usually I wait for them to talk to me Embarrassed [:$]
    Angie

    Mom to little monkey Brady (4/04)
  •  01-22-2006, 5:23 PM 10146 in reply to 10130

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    I always wait until someone asks about my baby carrier. I would never want someone imposing their views on me so I would never do it to someone else.
  •  01-22-2006, 6:04 PM 10152 in reply to 10142

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    tribegirl3 wrote:
    I guess I am not that gutsy.  I usually wait for someone to approach me.  I think I may have told someone about this carrier or that carrier if they looked like they were really struggling but usually I wait for them to talk to me Embarrassed [:$]

    Yep, me too :)

  •  01-22-2006, 6:08 PM 10155 in reply to 10152

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    Oh I am not that gutsy, IMO that would be a little to forward.

    When we where christmas shopping I had dd on my front and a million bags in my hands. A lady told me "you should really get a stroller." I am sure in her opinion she was being helpful, but I didn't think so.

    I wouldn't want to be like " you should really get a sling." It may come off as rude. But thats my .02
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  01-22-2006, 8:27 PM 10176 in reply to 10130

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    I always give people the links of different websites when they show any interest in my carriers : whether they approach me or not Big Smile [:D]

    Poliana
    SAHM to 4 wonderful kidos
  •  01-22-2006, 8:53 PM 10188 in reply to 10176

    • gool0005 is not online. Last active: 02-10-2006, 10:31 PM gool0005
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 08-20-2005
    • Goose Creek, South Carolina
    • Posts 86
    • Points 1,277

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    I give people business cards to ATB when they ask me about my carriers. Sometimes, when someone is watching me and looking at my slings but I can tell that they don't want to approach me, I just very obviously leave a business card where they can pick it up. I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable. If it's someone in the neighborhood who asks about my slings or mentions that they need to get one or even complains that their baby is being super clingy and they can't get anything done, I just give them some sort of carrier as well as printed out instructions.

    Kelly

  •  01-22-2006, 9:58 PM 10206 in reply to 10188

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    I only give out info if asked too. Although I WISH more people would ask instead of just stare!

     


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  01-22-2006, 11:11 PM 10211 in reply to 10130

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    Yeah I'm not gutsy at all.  Though if I see someone struggling with a sling...I'll approach them.  The one time it was kinda awkward I had run into Target alone whiel dh and the boys were in teh car. 
    Jess
    Mom to Jack & Quinn

    Indy Babywearers--contact me for more info!
  •  01-23-2006, 12:54 AM 10214 in reply to 10130

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    IRL, I'm pretty obnoxious and oblivious, so I would just go up to someone if I noticed them struggling. The thing is, I don't notice people a lot when I am out, 'cause I am usually preoccupied (okay, some people would call it ditsy and self-absorbed). Having said that, I still haven't approached a total stranger, but I do approach mamas that I don't know in some of my moms' groups and offer to help them.

  •  01-24-2006, 3:26 PM 10417 in reply to 10214

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    I could never go up to a total stranger and give them a card unsolicited.

    I don't really want to be a "proselytizer" for slings, kwim?

    But, I guess I seem approachable enough, because I hand out cards (lots of ATB ones) a lot when I'm out, to people who ask me about carriers.


    Kim
    mama to 2 boys--a peanut and a preschooler
  •  01-24-2006, 6:44 PM 10440 in reply to 10417

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    if i hear someone comment on how col the sling is even if its not to me im so gutsy i will go to them and give then all kinds of sling web addys this site ,zolo, gypsymama   they are always like wow i had no idea there were that meny sites cause if your not gutsy ppl will never get the info out there im all about spreading the word and so meny ppl ask me so i let them know
    Jade sahm gypsie momma to sophia divina (1 mo) olivia ani (2YRS) philisha nyjan(6 YRS)
  •  01-24-2006, 7:28 PM 10449 in reply to 10440

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    I have tried to talk to mom about something else and then go into babywearing. Like if I am at a store and a mom is staring at me I will say "HI", or look at her child and say "what a cutie". stuff like that just to break the ice. Then they usually ask me about my carriers. I have my ATB cards ready to go when the questions come up, where do you get those things.
    Beth
  •  01-25-2006, 10:19 AM 10513 in reply to 10449

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    I make small talk with person first and then they usually bring it up and we get chatting abotu slings. I dont go out of my way to hunt people down to tell them about slings... well unless they are wearing a sling... then its open season because I want details, lol.

    Kristine
    Mommy of Joscelyne, Andrew and Mackenzie
    Owner of www.BabySpaceSlings.com
  •  01-25-2006, 3:05 PM 10567 in reply to 10513

    Re: How gutsy are you?

    I would wait till someone approched me.  I'm too shy to go up to a stranger.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML