Re: Naked moms and DSs

  •  02-16-2006, 3:01 PM

    Re: Naked moms and DSs

    My brother and I were raised in a household led by a single mom. It was pretty open door. My brother never thought twice about walking in on my mom when she was using the bathroom (I know that is kind of gross, but he didn't). There wasn't much privacy in our house and he didn't turn out to be a perv (LOL). On the contrary, I think he grew up thinking of female nudity (and nudity in general) as natural. My husband and I sometimes butt heads on this one. He grew up in a household where his mom never even let the boys see her in even her pajamas (always a house coat). My DS is 5 yrs old and he just recently stopped taking showers with me just simply because I think he is old enough to take them on his own. He still sees me naked though when I am dressing and he is in the room (he is almost always where I am) and he still walks into the bathroom on me if he needs something when I am in there. He hasn't ever acted inappropriately. He did go through a brief stage where he would occasionally poke me in the breasts, but I would just say, "those are mommys and I don't like it when you poke them." That seemed to take care of things with us. I don't think I will ever put an age limit on when I will let DS see me naked. I'll just try and take cues from him. I think that eventually he may become uncomfortable with it on his own and that will be fine (or maybe he will never be uncomfortable with it like my brother). Nudity isn't a big deal to me.  


    Mari

    Proud mama to Liam and Chloe
View Complete Thread