Hi everyone, I posted this on TBW, too (I'm 'wcleary' there), but I wanted to make sure I was reaching everyone involved or invested in this wonderful world of BW. So please forgive the duplicate post if you've already seen my question.
I'm curious if you know of any research or have #s collected for your own purposes that you'd be willing to share re: the growing popularity of BW? If not, do you know of anyone doing this kind of research?
I personally have been blown away at the increase in #s of products, Web sites, classes, books, etc. that are available today than were around when I had DC #1, six years ago. Not to mention the numbers and "types" of parents who are open to it and wanting info about how-tos and products.
Do you think that more women (and men) really are BWing today in our country than, say, 5 years ago? Have we really made headway into the stroller-pushing crowd? Are Bjorn-type carriers falling in popularity or rising, right alongside all the wonderful WAHM ones (MTs, pouches, slings)? Or are those BWs like us out there simply buying MORE carriers, due to the proliferation of carrier makers and types that are now available?
If more people are not BWing today, how can we explain how so many vendor WAHMs have arisen and are continuing to grow? I'm looking for (reasonably) hard data here, even if it's anecdotal.
Thanks so much in advance for your thoughts and shared research on this important topic.
best,
Wendy :)