Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

When do you begin? Or I should say, is it too late to start?

Last post 05-11-2005, 9:12 PM by kbotr. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-26-2005, 11:57 AM 207

    • Tambola is not online. Last active: 08-11-2005, 4:01 PM Tambola
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-23-2005
    • Ohio...is it STILL winter?
    • Posts 112
    • Points 2,035

    When do you begin? Or I should say, is it too late to start?

    My son is 10.5 months....do you think its too late? I am very interested, but I don't want to miss the ideal time to begin!

    Thanks,

    Tammi


    Baby boy, Travis
  •  05-10-2005, 11:38 PM 396 in reply to 207

    Re: When do you begin? Or I should say, is it too late to start?

    We do it with our nine month old, but neither of the other 2 really caught on until around 10-12 months.  I just picked a few signs to start with (mommy, daddy, more, milk, thank you, all done).  Make the sign for baby, then lead her through making the sign - saying the word each time.

    For example, when we are eating breakfast Abby finishes the Cheerios on her tray.  I ask, "do you want more?" while making the "more" sign with my hands.  I then hold her hands and help her sign "more" while saying the word again.  Then I give her more Cheerios.

    Good luck.  We've loved the infant signing.


    Tamara, blessed mama to:
    Nathaniel (5), Susannah (2.5), Abigail (14 mo), Sprout (due 4/20)and 3 in heaven: Asher, Ari, and Issac.
    http://www.picturetrail.com/pfamilygal
  •  05-11-2005, 9:12 PM 422 in reply to 396

    Re: When do you begin? Or I should say, is it too late to start?

    We have just started it with our little girl who is also 9 months old. I have been signing while playing with her for awhile but have just started having her try to use it now, of course with hand-over-hand help! It's cute, it's seems like she has tried to say "more" but gets distracted and it turns into her "so big" action. She loves playing "so big." But now that she's taking and loving solids it's a good time to work on the "more" concept!

    Good luck, it's exciting when they attempt to sign back and you know what they want!

View as RSS news feed in XML