in

How do you avoid soaking through clothes with cloth diapers while babywearing?

Last post 05-24-2006, 10:03 PM by alssetna. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-19-2006, 7:49 PM 14895

    How do you avoid soaking through clothes with cloth diapers while babywearing?

    Hi,
    I am new to CDing and my baby is a super soaker, a blowout pooper, and a skinny minny. We have been using FBs and they work okay, leaking sometimes but fine others. I know it's partly due to the fact that I've gotten used to being able to go longer btwn diaper changes with disposables, which is terrible to admit, but also my ds goes poop for like 20 mins sometimes so it's hard to know when to take the diaper off!
    I have been running into a particular problem when carrying ds in the Ergo, as it seems to press up against the diaper and cause leaks more often. I work on a farm where I am constantly doing things with ds on my back, and I can't always tell when he has gone--until I feel it on my back--yuk!
    Any advice or ideas? Any other diapers that might work better, or anything that anyone feels might be helpful??
    thanks,



    Stacy, mama to Diego Mason (10-20-06)
  •  04-20-2006, 11:00 AM 14907 in reply to 14895

    Re: How do you avoid soaking through clothes with cloth diapers while babywearing?

    you may have to switch to fitteds and a cover- that might give you better protection during those times. You can customize how tight you make the legs. We did that with my DD when she was littler.. she still is little, but now has at least a little chunk to her legs so she fits into the fbs well.
    Stephanie
    Mom to Isabella 12-12-05

  •  04-20-2006, 11:12 PM 14930 in reply to 14895

    Re: How do you avoid soaking through clothes with cloth diapers while babywearing?

    IMO, FB aren't that great for skinny kids.  I use PFs and covers mostly, but I think fitteds would be a terrific combo, too.  Covers give that added protection of keeping poo in.
    Kristin
  •  04-21-2006, 10:44 AM 14939 in reply to 14895

    Re: How do you avoid soaking through clothes with cloth diapers while babywearing?

    I agree with the fitteds & covers to help prevent blowouts.  I like both prowraps & bummis super whisper wraps. 

    Some fitteds I've tried & liked:

    -little beetles www.betterforbabies.com (hemp, dd is average size, not chubby & these fit her well, they are a trimmer diaper though, people call them bikini style sometimes, some people with super soakers don't think they are absorbant enough, though I find these hold us for hours & hours)
    - blackbird lane, on www.hyenacart.com, cute prints & well made, moms of super soakers seem to love these, they aren't too bulky & you can get t&t if your dc is sensitive to serging
    - peewells, www.hyenacart.com, stocks fridays usually, sells out fast, these are superabsorbant, I found them a little bulky for my taste, but moms with super soakers love them.
    - I've also tried tinybirdorganics.com ov diaper & loveybums ov diapers. they are soft & comfy, but to me seem less absorbant than those above.

    Kissaluvs will probably not be absorbant enough for you supersoaker.

    But if you get a fitted that isn't absorbant enough, just add in a doubler & it should be ok.

    HTH!
    -Britt

  •  05-24-2006, 10:03 PM 15937 in reply to 14895

    Re: How do you avoid soaking through clothes with cloth diapers while babywearing?

    I would recommend trying wool with a fitted.  Especially if you use longies, they are much more likely to hold it all in, the only problem is that you may end up washing the wool a bit more if you end up with a lot of blowouts.

    Tessa

    Mom to Mitchell 1-1-93,
    Bailee 12-20-94
    Tristan 11-27-05
View as RSS news feed in XML