in

Hi, I'm new!

Last post 04-11-2006, 9:03 PM by duckyma. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-09-2006, 8:30 PM 14451

    Hi, I'm new!

    Hi,
    I am new to this forum but since I had my ds (10/20/06) I have tried pouches, ring slings, stretchy and woven wraps, and now an Ergo. I loved them all at various times and for various reasons, but the two that work best now are the woven wrap (storch) and the Ergo, which I bought in the organic denim-yum!
    I am still learning many of the wraps to use with my Leo natural storch. Seems like everytime I throw ds up on my back he spits up in my hair and  I can't seem to get the fabric spread wide for BWC by myself. I've watched the videos on Mamatoto so many times I've got a squint from staring at the tiny pop-up video window!!
    Anyway, just wanted to say hi and it's great to be here, with other mamas who love wearing their babies as much as I do!

    Stacy, mama to Diego Mason (10-20-06)Smile [:)]

    Stacy, mama to Diego Mason (10-20-06)
  •  04-09-2006, 9:37 PM 14457 in reply to 14451

    Re: Hi, I'm new!

    Hi there!!

     I had a hard time with the BWCC when I tried to watch the Mamatoto website as well. Once I saw it on the T2T video I thought it was simple... ( Much easier for me than rucksack)

    Maybe this will help a little. ( This probably doesn't belong in introductions but i wanted to make sure you saw it. LOL)

    1.Place child safely on back

    2. Throw fabric over back of child. ( Depending on length of fabric you don't have to worry about getting it perfectly even..)

    3. Pull tight in front of you going under the arms.

    4. Half knot it in front of you.(above your boobs) That just means you basically cross the ends over each other. (Like the first step in tying your shoe)

    Don't forget to tighten , tighten, tighten!

    5. Now that you have baby tied on you make sure that it's pulled over his bottom and up his back. Take one side and flip it over your shoulder and grab with arm on the other side. Repeat with opposite shoulder. Tighten again Tie in front at waist.

    ETA: 6. After tied reach around back and spread fabric if it's bunched up. Tighten and retie if neccessary...

     

    Ok I've never tried to type out instructions like that but I don't think I missed anything... If anyone sees anything that I'm missing feel free to chime in!

     

  •  04-11-2006, 9:03 PM 14544 in reply to 14457

    Re: Hi, I'm new!

    thank you!!! that sounds simpler than what I was doing.

    great instructions...I will let you know how it goes--ds is sleeping now so I'll wait to test them outSmile [:)]


    Stacy, mama to Diego Mason (10-20-06)
View as RSS news feed in XML