Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

Plastic Surgery?

Last post 01-31-2006, 3:46 PM by cmmrk1974. 36 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (37 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-27-2006, 8:54 PM 10796 in reply to 10780

    Re: Plastic Surgery?

    OT but does anyone else think it is, well, bs that breastfeeding does not contribute to sagging?

    I mean, I know pregnancy does most of it, but how could nursing for *years* straight with bb's changing size up and down NOT make them sag more? Not that I would do anything differently, and in fact this is what women are made to do, so this *is* what childbearng women look like....but sometimes I think that bf advocacy folks (myself included!) are in denial about the sagging issue (insert hiding under rock smilie here)..

    BTW, how in the world do you get the smilies to work over here? I have never been able to do it since ATB started.


    Kim
    mama to 2 boys--a peanut and a preschooler
  •  01-27-2006, 9:10 PM 10798 in reply to 10796

    Re: Plastic Surgery?

    Kim,

    I hate to spoil your theory, but when we are all much older, from what I have heard ALL our breasts will be pointing toward the floor no matter if we nursed (or how long!) or how big they are......LOL.....it's called GRAVITY, baby!


    Amazon Wrap Warrior and Mama to three blue eyed baby slingboys :)
  •  01-28-2006, 8:17 AM 10821 in reply to 10798

    Re: Plastic Surgery?

    Oh, I agree with the gravity theory!  But I do think that constant pulling on the breasts contributes.  It gets worse when magnified times 5.  ;)

    --Hannah

    Mama to 5 blessings

    dd#1 '96, dd#2 '98, dd#3 '00, ds '02, and dd#4 '05
  •  01-31-2006, 11:14 AM 11128 in reply to 10821

    Devil [6] Re: Plastic Surgery?

    I have to say I'm really surprised by all the responses too.

    I know you should never say never... but I can't imagine that I would ever do it or want to do it. Heck I think I'd have a hard time convincing myself to even dye my hair... other than using sun-in once in 8th grade I've never even thought about changing my hair color.

    I do have a phobia of surgery anyway - something about being helpless on a table while doctors - who are basically strangers to me - muck around with my body - it freaks me out. But, I am a nut.

    Now if there was surgery that could make me taller... maybe I'd think about it...

    Christy, Leo's Mom
  •  01-31-2006, 11:17 AM 11129 in reply to 11128

    Re: Plastic Surgery?

    cmmrk1974 wrote:
    I do have a phobia of surgery anyway - something about being helpless on a table while doctors - who are basically strangers to me - muck around with my body - it freaks me out. But, I am a nut. 

     

    I don't think that's a phobia....I think it's common sense! 


    Amazon Wrap Warrior and Mama to three blue eyed baby slingboys :)
  •  01-31-2006, 3:30 PM 11157 in reply to 11128

    Re: Plastic Surgery?

    cmmrk1974 wrote:

    Now if there was surgery that could make me taller... maybe I'd think about it...

    There is a surgery that can make you taller. It involves cutting your bones in your legs then putting screws in them to stablize them. Your bones will grow to fill in the space. I saw a show on it about how Chinese men and women did it to become taller and more accepted in society. It seems very painful!

  •  01-31-2006, 3:46 PM 11158 in reply to 11157

    Re: Plastic Surgery?

    hapahaolegirl wrote:

    cmmrk1974 wrote:

    Now if there was surgery that could make me taller... maybe I'd think about it...

    There is a surgery that can make you taller. It involves cutting your bones in your legs then putting screws in them to stablize them. Your bones will grow to fill in the space. I saw a show on it about how Chinese men and women did it to become taller and more accepted in society. It seems very painful!



    Ouch. No thanks...

    And thanks Gretchen for saying it's common sense... I dunno... I don't mean just plastic surgery, but ANY surgery. I realize that surgery can be necessary and life-saving but even that freaks me out.

    Christy, Leo's Mom
Page 3 of 3 (37 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
View as RSS news feed in XML