Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

Signing Dvds

Last post 01-20-2006, 2:22 PM by mliss. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-12-2006, 11:03 AM 8706

    Signing Dvds

    Besides Signing Time which dvds do you like/use. Which to you is better then the other? Are they for adults first or are they for children? My library has none and can't get them, so before I spend some money I wanted to get your expert opinions! Thanks in advance!!
    ~Katie
    SAHM to the best anniversary present ever!
    Ask me about my Double Ring Onbu!!
  •  01-13-2006, 7:44 AM 8771 in reply to 8706

    Re: Signing Dvds

    I only have the signing times dvds. I think they are well made and definitly for children. For whatever reason, my son will not watch them. He just doesn't watch much TV, unless it is Bob the Builder of course.

    Does anyone know of any other dvds?
    Beth
  •  01-13-2006, 7:52 AM 8773 in reply to 8706

    Re: Signing Dvds

    I didn't try the Signing Time video, I tried this one instead http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KJJHI/qid=1137159805/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-6804518-4820067?n=507846&s=dvd&v=glance but Brady didn't really care for it.  Have you thought about borrowing sign language books from the library?  I tried a few out but it was over a year ago and I don't remember the titles.  I had to ask the librarian if the library had any and she helped me find two board books specifically for young babies.  You might want to borrow the ASL dictionary and find a few basic signs you would like to use and incorporate those.  There are also a few Yahoo groups that might have more information and/or recommendations for you, like this one http://groups.yahoo.com/group/signbabysign/

     


    Angie

    Mom to little monkey Brady (4/04)
  •  01-13-2006, 9:04 AM 8778 in reply to 8773

    Re: Signing Dvds

    We have the video that Angie linked to I think it is "My Baby Can Talk" and it is very helpful, Satori has learned alot from it.

    We also have a whole series of books and DVDs from www.babysigns.com They are cute but might be more for babies.

    Oh and I just became a Signing Time retailer!


    Angela
    Mama to Satori (11/04)
  •  01-13-2006, 9:30 AM 8785 in reply to 8778

    Re: Signing Dvds

    angela wrote:

    Oh and I just became a Signing Time retailer!

    Party!!! [<:o)] What great news! 


    Angie

    Mom to little monkey Brady (4/04)
  •  01-13-2006, 3:36 PM 8819 in reply to 8785

    Re: Signing Dvds

    YAY!! That is great news!! Wow, this is going to be my one stop shop, and where I am going to register(do you have that capability?) when I get pg again!!
    ~Katie
    SAHM to the best anniversary present ever!
    Ask me about my Double Ring Onbu!!
  •  01-13-2006, 4:28 PM 8841 in reply to 8819

    Re: Signing Dvds

    I may just need to get some from ya...Smile [:)]
    Mari

    Proud mama to Liam and Chloe
  •  01-13-2006, 4:53 PM 8846 in reply to 8778

    Re: Signing Dvds

    Awesome, Angela!  You sell all the best stuff Smile [:)]  I will totally be checking back when I decide whether (or which) to buy more ST.

    I don't have advice for the OP.. Signing Time videos are the only ones we've tried (DS loves the heck out of 'em.)

  •  01-15-2006, 9:54 PM 9155 in reply to 8846

    Re: Signing Dvds

    I LOVE Signing Times!!  I am so excited that you will be carrying them - we have the first three and need some more.

    Amy

  •  01-20-2006, 2:22 PM 9954 in reply to 8706

    Re: Signing Dvds

    I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I used the Sign with your Baby program (www.sign2me.com) It has a video (for adults) and/or book. We started using three signs and then added more as DD or DS started signing back.

    The other option is looking up words on this web browser: http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/browser.htm It has great video of someone signing and a farily extensive list of words.
View as RSS news feed in XML