Home Shop Forums Gallery Blogs Files

She does not sleep much?

Last post 3 hours, 10 minutes ago by eaganbeautyadvisor. 2 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  01-15-2006, 10:26 PM

    She does not sleep much?

    Takes a few small naps.. maybe 20-30 minutes

    Goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:30

    wakes at 12, 1, 2:30, 3, 4:30 and finally 5-5:30... then is usually up by 7

    I am tired and I know she is not hungry cause she is not power nursing at night..just comfort..

    HELP ME... what secrets can you share??


    Proud mother of Gabriel 4/23/02 and Rebecca 5/13/05
  •  01-16-2006, 12:11 AM

    Re: She does not sleep much?

    Oh, ((hugs)), I know how hard this is, I go thru this, too! Don't have any advice, since I haven't found a way to get my little bug to really nap during the day or sleep for more than 2 hours at a time at night. One of my IRL mama friends jokes that it is a sign of intelligence when a baby is not a good sleeper (she has two that don't sleep much).

    Have you tried the No Cry Sleep Solution book? It has worked for some people. It didn't do much for us, but it was nice to read a sleep book that didn't advocate for CIO.

    Hope you find something that works so you can get some sleep Sleep [S]

  •  3 hours, 10 minutes ago

    Re: She does not sleep much?

    Mine did this and then I got really really tired and decided something had to change or I was going to go nuts!  Now Logan is 4 months and he sleeps thru the night and takes naps. Everyone gave me the let them cry it out advice which I couldn't do. I read every baby sleep book and came up with a few things that really worked. So here's what I did. ( And maybe you are doing all this already?)

    First, I established a set bathtime and bedtime. Every single night at 7pm I give Logan a bath in dimmed light. I turn off the tv and limit noise. Then by 8 I sit in the dark with him and feed him (he's bottle fed) and rock in a rocking chair until he goes to sleep. I will rock for up to 30 min until he goes to sleep. Sometimes we stare at each other for 30 min like a wierd battle of wills until he gives up, gets bored, and conks out. My hubby and I call this "Plan A". If after 30 minutes he is no longer hungry, won't take a binky, and is fussy with me rocking, I will then go to Plan B...the Moby wrap. I put him in Moby and rock back and forth in dim light, or even the dark. This usually is with a binkie in his mouth too. I sing or put on the tv very low so I have something to look at. And sometime I walk around the house, baby in the Moby, reading a novel and pacing. Once he's out, or it's been another 30 min, then I will put him in the crib to sleep OR return to Plan A, feeding and rocking.

    Second, I KNOW this is terrible but Logan will only sleep well on his belly. So, I quit trying to put him to bed on his back after 3 exhausting weeks of him waking up minutes after he would go to bed. It seemed like he did the startle thing and his flailing arms would wake him up. So, I put him to bed on his tummy and rubbed his back until he would fall deep asleep. Then I would roll him over once he was really out.

    Third, when he wakes up in the middle of the night, I FLY to the crib and don't wait till he's fully awake and I stick a binkie in his mouth. I'd say 90% of the time he will fall back asleep and I can remove binkie 20 minutes later. 10% that does work and he's really hungry or wet and I have to go back to Plan A.

    Hope this helps!

     


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
View as RSS news feed in XML