Home Shop Forums Gallery Blogs Files

New from Las Vegas

Last post 10-27-2005, 8:09 PM by Jayna's mama. 4 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  10-26-2005, 5:02 PM

    New from Las Vegas

    Hi Everyone,

    Just wanted to introduce myself. I am the new mom of a 14 week old boy, Jack. I have tried and tried slings and pouches, and nothing has "worked". Jack suffers from reflux and I am holding him all the time. I finally bought a hotsling which arrived today. After some screaming, Jack got in and has been sound asleep on me for about 30 minutes now! I am sooo excited!Big Smile [:D]

    Cant wait to read and learn more.

    Danielle

  •  10-26-2005, 8:41 PM

    Re: New from Las Vegas

    Danielle

    Congrats on your son! Welcome to ATB! My DH always talks aboput going to Vegas and winnin' BIG!!! LOL

    It is so awesome you found BW at early on in DS life! I started wearing DS around 14 weeks and we lived in our pair of mamababies until we found the Cuddly wrap-- worked great for reflux-- which we lived in SOOOO much that we had 2! BUT watch out BWing an addictive habit! 

    If you have any questions on any carriers or how to use them let us know-- we love to help!

  •  10-27-2005, 1:16 AM

    Re: New from Las Vegas

    Thank you! You have a friend if you ever do make it to Vegas. Tell your DH that he will more likely "break even..." LOL. I am always amazed at people and gambling - it is everywhere here (even the markets), so I am oblivious!

    Thanks for the tips - I have to look at the Cuddly. Jack has liked the hotsling so far, but he is sooo big for his 14weeks (17 lbs and growning). I know he can be in it for some time re: the weight, but I feel like he may outgrow it comfort wise? I know what you mean about addictive! I just sent this link to all my mommy and mommy to be friends. I love it!

    Thanks again, and let me know about your trip to Vegas Smile [:)]

  •  10-27-2005, 11:06 AM

    Re: New from Las Vegas

    If we ever make it to LV I will let you know!

    Your son is big boy-- Way to go mama!!!! At his size I would not buy a cuddly wrap-- you would not get your moneys worth from it. BUT a Mei tai or a woven wrap will help with the reflux (and keeping your DS upright)or  using the kangaroo carry in any  pouch or sling will be a big help to both of you.

    Good luck and if you need ANYTHING let us know!

  •  10-27-2005, 8:09 PM

    Re: New from Las Vegas

    Welcome!

    I think you are right on target with the thought that the cuddly wrap would not be great comfort-wise.

    Once my dd hit 14lbs she was to heavy for stretchy wraps comfort wise.

    Anyway~ Welcome!
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
View as RSS news feed in XML